cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john63
First-timer (legacy)
To get accurate rates we've been adding the weights of packaging to the weights of each of our SKUs. But when multiple SKUs are ordered at once, the weight ends up being higher and we could potentially be over-charged. If we could input weights for our packages we've created under "Your Packaging" we could input the actual weight of each SKU and could end up with more accurate order weights and shipping rates.
60 Comments
zachary1
First-timer (legacy)
This is ridiculous that this feature hasn't been added in yet. If Shopify can do it, Shipstation should be able to as well. Updates?
bc
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, of course this should be done. I'm surprised it isn't already. We have a lot of different boxes we use, and they all have different weights. We know what they weigh, and what the products weigh. If we could account for the weight of the packaging, then we could make a correct label automatically, without having to put anything on a scale. The current automation to do this is too clunky and doesn't deal well with multi-box shipments.
sam17
First-timer (legacy)
5 years and still nothing? How hard is it to add a field to the package for weight and add that to what comes in from the marketplace?
CalebP
First-timer
'@Yfinder Par for the course for Shipstation at this point. Outside of adding some new marketplaces here and there, I can't think of a single feature they've added or improved upon in many many years, especially since they got bought by Stamps.com a few years ago.
jess
First-timer (legacy)
This is a critical component to our shipping workflow. Please make this happen!
bill2
First-timer (legacy)
It's been 5 years since this was first posted. Is it EVER going to happen?
jeff7
Occasional Contributor
We have over 15,000 skus and orders with quantities ranging from 1 to 1000’s. There is no way we can include package weight in each of our products. This feature would greatly simplify our workflow. We could auto populate the weight and not have to weigh each package. Please implement this. Jeff Stickertalk
brent_simon
First-timer (legacy)
Would love this feature! I'm very disappointed it's not already here. Seems like a no-brainer for shipping software.
ubiquitous_sour
First-timer (legacy)
This says it was under review in 2015 - why on earth has this not been done. We just got set up on Ship Station and have been told that it is "the BEST", but the three other shipping programs I have used all have this as an option. It is insane that weight is not tied to the packages and that we have to enter it manually. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Implement this.
sadie
First-timer (legacy)
I commented last year, but I have to comment again. This is one of the top voted requests and has been up here for about 5 years. Why is this being ignored? It's honestly insulting that the last comment from ShipStation was from the middle of 2018.