cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave39
First-timer (legacy)
There should be a way to delete orders from the 'canceled' tab - sometimes an import doesn't go quite right, or perhaps you created the order to get a shipping cost for a customer who backed out - there's no reason to keep all that data in the canceled tab. Furthermore, and more importantly - if it's a botched import - you have to change to all new order #'s or re-importing will only update the already botched orders (and if it's the order # that's botched, you're way out of luck.) Let us delete canceled orders.
31 Comments
tiffany6
First-timer (legacy)
Users have been asking for a way to delete orders as far back as 2013. Why is Shipstation refusing to offer this feature?
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Currently, orders can be moved into the cancelled status and/or merged into an order record that you want to use as a "deleted order". Furthermore, the only way to hide an order from view completely is to inactivate a store. To completely delete an order would also delete all other data included in an order, including the customer record, product record, etc. Also, when an order is cancelled, it will not be updated any further, nor can it be automatically moved to any other status. What are the advantages you see to having historical data fully deleted from ShipStation as opposed to its current design?
orders133
First-timer (legacy)
I agree with the last comment. Recently ran into a problem where we had duplicate order numbers coming from our WooCommerce store that were failing since the original order number was cancelled. Would love a way to select a date range and delete these old order numbers.
sam_vaughn
First-timer (legacy)
Couldn't agree more with all the posts asking to let us delete orders. We don't care if we lose the customer, item, everything info. Having certain cancelled orders come up in search is unhelpful when trying to create labels, and if the order is gone from my webstore I don't need it for analytics in Shipstation.
Chaya
First-timer (legacy)
A delete feature seems like a pretty basic and necessary feature that is missing. Would be super helpful if this was added ASAP!
shipstation6
New Contributor
Admin wrote: "Also, when an order is cancelled, it will not be updated any further, nor can it be automatically moved to any other status." That's incorrect. If we re-import orders, ShipStation will ONLY update the canceled order. This is a real pain in the butt. If we have a problem with an import, we should be able to delete those orders, then re-import -- without ShipStation updating the OLD orders. There is no value at all to keeping erroneous data from a bad import. There is absolutely, positively a good reason for ShipStation users to be able to delete orders. Why do you resist providing that basic, ordinary feature?
christian6
First-timer (legacy)
It is absolutely ridiculous that Shipstation does not have a delete feature. Simply put, Shipstation is not — and never will be — the heart of any online retailer's ecommerce set-up. That heart is the ecommerce store, whether it be WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento or whatever. In all of these ecommerce stores, I can delete an order. And indeed often I need to delete an order. The reasons should really be of no concern to Shipstation. But to give you an example… I recently had a problem where some order numbers were duplicated in Woocommerce (this had to do with a staging site issue… again of no concern to Shipstation). I could delete the bad duplicate orders in Woocommerce. But because I could not delete them in Shipstation, I was not able to import the correct data into Shipstation. Shipstation simply saw the information as a duplication and prevented any import from occurring. I could understand Shipstation's logic if you were creating this data. But you're not. You're importing it from an ecommerce store. And as such, it feels like you are hoarding data — even if it's bad data — at the expense of the customer.
angie3
First-timer (legacy)
I agree here. We use WooCommerce and we have the ability to delete orders that no longer serve us to keep records clean. Just recently we switched our staging site to live and it synced old orders to ShipStation we had to cancel over 159 orders, but have no way to delete them which makes it really difficult to keep track of what's correct. Merging the information is still not "accurate". So a delete feature is something that would be appreciated. It seems that ShipStation doesn't care to give it's customers what it's asking for since this has been requested as far back as 6 years ago. WOW.
adam27
First-timer (legacy)
Any movement on this? I agree with previous comments. My issue is that I have multiple deployed environments (dev, prod) and shipstation only allows a single API key. So when I create orders in dev, they show up in prod and I can't delete them. Only hiding bad data is not a good practice. It should be fully removable.
orders97
First-timer (legacy)
There are MANY OBVIOUS reasons why we would want to delete a bogus order that was entered incorrectly or no longer needed for some reason. Why do you insist on ignoring your customers and failing to provide this basic and fundamental feature that is universally available everywhere else????????? It's OUR DATA, we get to decide whether on not we want to keep it, NOT YOU!!!