cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
branden
First-timer (legacy)
When I import from a CSV, I'd love the opportunity to customize our Custom Fields (1-3) so that it's clear what they're being used for. We currently have to use a shared document with a key. And that's not as simple as just being able to have a column that clearly says what the data means.
29 Comments
shipstation23
First-timer (legacy)
Unbelievable that ShipStation hasn't implemented this in 2 years since it's been suggested! Apparently, ShipStation is either 1) no longer investing in developing their product or 2) has nobody on their team who cares about human usability and knows how to optimize it. Fixing this bug (obvious design oversight) would REDUCE SO MANY DATA ENTRY ERRORS for customers' teams who currently have to remember what each Custom Field means every time they work on a record. HUGE WASTE OF CUSTOMER TIME and HUGE CONTRIBUTOR TO DATA ENTRY ERRORS just because ShipStation doesn't want to invest a couple hours of design, coding, and QAing to allow customers to rename the title shown on the screen for Custom Fields.
sarah9
First-timer (legacy)
Disappointed to see after 3 years this still hasn't been implemented. I use a custom field to enter the date item was received from client because that starts my service turnaround time, not their order date. Really need this capability!
management
First-timer (legacy)
Oh Yeah. That would be incredibly powerful....
stephen3
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, It would be helpful. This is been asked for over the past 2 years.
mark1
First-timer (legacy)
These legions of unacted on feature requests (many years old) would be a gold mine for any competitor doing market research.
shipping42
First-timer (legacy)
This would help make our order flow easier and would be much appreciated.
david14
First-timer (legacy)
Any updates on this? I'm actually really surprised to find this thread because it seems like such a no-brainer that I just assumed that you could change the name.
LittleColorado
Contributor
ShipStation never implements anything. ๐Ÿ˜• There are so many things missing from this software that are big "duh."
Sales5
First-timer
We use all three custom columns - one for our PO#, One for Scheduled Ship Date and One for Customer Notification Date. Would save a bunch of time if we could just type the date in the properly labelled column instead of all the extra text in each entry explaining what the date means! Please please please please please implement this suggestion.
Status changed to: Investigating