cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manager6
First-timer (legacy)
First, I would be appreicated your service! I've been downloading "Order-Dara Export" from the order. But I also would be nice if I can see "Currency" there. When I get GBP 54.66 order, I was able to see as USD 54.66. Hope to be added Currency tab for international orders and stores. Thanks.
134 Comments
remi
First-timer (legacy)
Shipstation is part of USPS, who also control Stamps, Shipworks, etc. They don't have any interest in developing new features as they own the competition (Shipping Tools for small to medium companies). There is a huge market here. If each person in this thread was dedicating some resources to develop a competitor... we actually could
sam10
First-timer (legacy)
We moved to use shiptheory.com they can handle currency and are always developing new features when requested by users. They are UK-based but may help some users here.
andy
First-timer
I can't believe this still isn't sorted. With the IOSS stuff now in the EU, its even more important that the customs duties are shown int he correct currency - otherwise the EU will think we are fiddling the books on the amount of VAT to pay!
UniquelyGeekly
Contributor
Even worse. I currently haven't registered for the IOSS and am therefore expecting customers in the EU to receive VAT demands when their parcels go through customs in their country. Several of the sellers I ship for list prices in dollars as thats the most common currency for the art market we're in. The EU customers therefore end up paying more VAT than they should as ShipStation uses the same figure but puts GBP instead. That or I have to go through every order and change the pricing to reflect the actual cost but which leaves the amount the customer paid and the customs declaration not matching.
andy
First-timer
'@Ben we signed up with assure.taxamo.com. You use their API to work out the VAT of your sale, and then they submit it on your behalf and just charge you the VAT + £2 admin fee. Much cheaper it seems than registered for IOSS in an EU country, and having to pay £2k a year for a "local rep" !
customerservice
First-timer (legacy)
I scratch my head and could not find a reason why SS would not want to fix this. We have been trying to talk the SS Support agents to take our feedback seriously for more than a year. Now we are really thinking about going for an alternative shipping platform which have the correct currency code displayed on the Customs forms. An order of Japanese Yen 5521 (=$50 USD) shows up on SS and its generated Customs form as $5521 USD. You know the implication of this wrong currency code: it means we or the customer will have to pay the customs tax based on the wrongly declared $5521 USD amount! Does it make sense? Is that a viable way to conduct business? ShipStation should fix this. It is not only illegal to allow the wrong currency code to be displayed, it turns out that it is incredibly easy to fix, only if some competent guy in SS is willing to spend a minute to listen and look into it. Amazon’s MWS API code provides the easy access to the currency code for any order that ShipStation pulls in. Take a look at the API spec from Amazon: https://docs.developer.amazonservices.com/en_US/orders-2013-09-01/Orders_Datatypes.html#Money The CurrencyCode is sitting side by side with the Order Amount that ShipStation is reading and displaying. See the highlighted line in the attached. While reading in the Order Amount from Amazon API, why not read in the CurrencyCode together?? Is it too hard?? I really can't reasonably understand what is preventing SS folks from doing the right thing by displaying the correct currency code. It is not even currency conversion, vendors just need to have the correct currency code pulled from the marketplaces and displayed. After we have contacted the SS support many times, it's hopeless.
andy
First-timer
Has anyone got any suggestions for a better system? I'm fed up waiting for SS to fix this!
ejm
First-timer (legacy)
I think they want us to have multiple ship station accounts, with different currency settings for each, which would require us to pay multiple subscription fees.
andy
First-timer
I can't believe this still isn't sorted. Especially with the IOSS stuff for the EU now! I'm trying to send a parcel from the UK to Portugal. The tax has been taken by Etsy (as it should be), and we are trying to include ETSY's IOSS number. However, it "You must share Etsy's IOSS number, IM3xxxx, with your courier for this order (use it only for this purpose). This helps ensure that your buyer won't be charged VAT twice. Make sure to write the value of this order in euros, €73.55, on your package, too." But we can't do this, as its insisting we put GBP as the customs currency!!!! Absolute joke this hasn't been sorted. I'm going to scrap this **** and just go with Royal Mails own system, as most of our stuff goes via them anyway.
nickgolf1245
First-timer

Hello,

It would be great if able to update the currency in relation to the store/country order is going to. For example, our seller central Canada store, is bringing in the price of a product as USD when it is actually in CAD. From here it is going on the commercial invoice as USD, and then converted to CAD when it actually is initially in CAD, so it's putting a much higher value then it should be, increasing the amount that is being taxed on the order. An example seller central canada product is 40 cad, comes into shipstation as 40 usd, is put on the commercial invoice as 40 usd, and is then converted to 50.68, when should be 40 cad. If able to update the currency on shipstation for each store that would eliminate this. It appears we will have to manually change each of them for now. Thanks for your help on this.