cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sales655
First-timer (legacy)
Ability to Scan and Verify the UPC code of the product get shipped for the individual order. So, this will eliminate the WRONG item being shipped and Wrong Quantity being shipped. Also "Ship Order" button activates only when the right product(s) is scanned and right quantity is scanned for the order. Products that does not come with UPC may be shipped by manually entering item SKU in the barcode scan field.
195 Comments
j_biz
First-timer (legacy)
It's just a matter of time before someone else comes along and offers this feature at a competitive price. ShipHero was able to accommodate the "strange workflow". Be progressive and improve on your competitors' solution. I agree with MA and Nicholas regarding the "low positive impact" comment. You're downplaying your customers' need for this feature and there's only one end for a company with that standpoint.
taj
First-timer (legacy)
I am now using http://www.groovepacker.com as an adjunct to ShipStation to scan and pack. It imports my orders from ShipStation and I can use a bar code scanner and a ChromeBook (or any other computer) to verify that we are shipping the right things. It is not perfect because it is possible to not run the order through GroovePacker and there is no verification that you have in fact scanned a particular order but it is has reduced our errors within a few months and I would not ship without it anymore.
jasonhunter954
First-timer (legacy)
It is pretty sad that SS is taking so long to come up with something so simple. SKULabs only came out a few months ago and they already have barcode scanning and picking, label printing, and a bunch of other stuff. If you don't move fast, you'll be left behind.
nick52
First-timer (legacy)
Dear SS, We need an update on this and we need it now, it has been almost a month since your last post about how this request is "strange workflow" when it clearly isn't. Can we get an ETA on the roll out for this feature update? We are also looking at other ways to get around this basic feature your product does not offer. Including other companies that seem to know how to "Get Ship Done". Just need an honest update from you guys and we need it now. As you may know for most of us the busy season is almost here! You may not understand what such a simple feature equates to on a post Black Friday day.. but it's a BIG deal. GET IT DONE!
mohndushy
First-timer (legacy)
I agree with Nicholas. We really need this feature for this Christmas. This feature has been flagged as "PLANNED" for over 2 years. If you are working on it, please give us an ETA or an update.
drew8
First-timer (legacy)
'+1 we would really like this!!
chrisr
First-timer (legacy)
Hello, I ran across the perfect example for this. It is called "Picking Pal" from woocommerce unfortunately we are using Shopify and it does not integrate. If shipstation could mimic this function from Picking Pal it would make our shipping as close as 100% as possible.
mike_toolman
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for putting it in the planned list... When I read "strange workflow" and "low positive impact" I want to grab someone by the ear and drag them over to our packing counter. :~ We often ship boxes with 60+ items in them. If everyone shipped 2-3 this feature may move from 'essential' to 'really nice'. We bounce several times back and forth between "MOM" by Dydacomp (junk but can't find something for replenishment that is better) and ShipStation (love it). We export order from MOM to SS, and rateshop, then based on carrier and package type we go back into MOM and use their "Shippers Workstation" to scan verify the items from the "to be packed" into the "packed" side. Once this is done we have an actual box and actual weight. Back into SS we then create the box label (weight sometimes edited), then finally back to MOM to import tracking number and actual shipping charge from SS where MOM creates an invoice. Talk about 'strange workflow'. Ideally we would export to SS where we: rate shop, scan items (need ability to mark 'backorder' here, edit weight, and print label. Then export back to MOM for the invoice (which also does the inventory control, CC charge, replenishment if needed, backorder control...). That would be awesome workflow. Thanks for listening. Mike
icbhobbies
First-timer (legacy)
Yes it would be great to scan a products barcode and have shipstation pull up orders containing that barcode
Matthew14
First-timer (legacy)
I agree that this is a very important feature (297 votes shouldn't be wrong.) We would use this feature to verify that the correct item is placed in the correct box, therefore eliminating the "you put the wrong item in my box."complaint. It would also help us save money, time and stress in the long run. The way we would like to see the feature designed is 1.) Scan the packing slip. 2.) scan the barcode on the item so that shipstation can verify everything is correct. Come on guys this feature request has 69 comments I cant imagine why you guys wouldn't implement it...