cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sales655
First-timer (legacy)
Ability to Scan and Verify the UPC code of the product get shipped for the individual order. So, this will eliminate the WRONG item being shipped and Wrong Quantity being shipped. Also "Ship Order" button activates only when the right product(s) is scanned and right quantity is scanned for the order. Products that does not come with UPC may be shipped by manually entering item SKU in the barcode scan field.
195 Comments
nick52
First-timer (legacy)
Dear ShipStation, Can we get an update on when this simple feature will be released? Your customer base must drastically miss-understand the complexity of web based software development, because other companies can literally build spaceships faster than you guys can turn out a single feature.
paul12
First-timer (legacy)
Just like having a box where you can enter your warehouse location, it would be nice to have this for whatever number you decide for your barcode. For example, most of our products have an Amazon FN SKU number on them because we send them to FBA. Other products we might want to use a UPC to make the barcode. We sell items that are handmade that don't have a UPC so maybe we just assign a random number for internal use to create a barcode.
jeff7
Occasional Contributor
paulstanger, Great idea paulstanger! I agree that the barcode shouldn't have to be a UPC code. While most of our products do have UPC, occasionally there is a product that doesn't. If you could assign multiple fields to compare against that would make this usable for so many other users. If Shipstation would let me choose the UPC field, SKU field, or a custom field. I could use this for all of my products whether or not it had a UPC. Jeff
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi, everyone, thank you for all of your comments! Since our last update we’ve been busy with new partners (Tanga, Australia Post, and Stripe Relay are the most recent), 6 Weeks of Speed, request USPS pickup, Package Sets for multiple package shipments, and our own native inventory management to name a few features. We’re constantly working on many projects at one time, so while you may not see this particular idea turned into a feature, you may see another feature that may benefit you in our release notes. We’re still interested in turning this idea into a feature for all users and are researching the best way to solve the main challenges posted here. Thanks again for your patience and active comments! If you haven’t yet, please add your thoughts on your current quality control process today and what challenges come from it or bring up a topic not yet brought up like @paulstanger and @Jeff’s UPC vs SKU vs custom barcode comments.
akdybrian
First-timer (legacy)
When all products, I assume 300 items, were picked and left next to label printer. Someone has to either print all the labels out and find the matching item or use the scanning feature in ShipStation to scan order # and print out label one by one. If possible, label will be print out automatically after scanning the order barcode would help too. Or this UPC verification would help too.
eva1
First-timer (legacy)
This is a must have feature for professional shipping. It's almost impossible to ship 50+ packages every day without making mistakes in the products shipped (unless if you have just a few products). This feature is pending for more than 4 years, and it got over 400 votes. How can we make it happen? Please upgrade ShipStation to support this required feature.
robbie2
First-timer (legacy)
This would be a major step in making Shipstation a fully capable Warehouse Management System for small businesses - in an arena where companies are paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for the same features.
ajmal1
First-timer (legacy)
Our warehouse manager is keep asking me about this, we need this asap. Thanks
nd9y1pcu4mgjcjs
First-timer (legacy)
This is a major feature that warehouses big and small would benefit from. We ended up moving our whole shipping operation to Skulabs since they offer barcode scanning, shipping, and multi channel inventory in one place. It makes a huge difference.
sales358
First-timer
We are currently in the process of moving to barcodes on all of our products, so this feature would be extremely useful for accuracy.