cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sales655
First-timer (legacy)
Ability to Scan and Verify the UPC code of the product get shipped for the individual order. So, this will eliminate the WRONG item being shipped and Wrong Quantity being shipped. Also "Ship Order" button activates only when the right product(s) is scanned and right quantity is scanned for the order. Products that does not come with UPC may be shipped by manually entering item SKU in the barcode scan field.
195 Comments
MrFent
Occasional Contributor
This is the #1 feature that I wish shipstation would add. Any updates?
nick52
First-timer (legacy)
I would like to add an opinion here about this feature and why it isn't going to ever be built. If ShipStation adds this feature, and other features like it. They will be directly competing against their partner companies that sell products to offset features like this. Hate to say it, but this could have been done a year ago if they wanted to actually build this.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hey @all. Thanks for your continued support and feedback on this idea. When it comes to more precise order fulfillment, ShipStation definitely wants any and all user insight. While this particular UPC-based scan feature has not been implemented, our product team takes all use cases and issues into consideration, even when a related feature goes live. We thank you for your patience as we test ideas like this and as other, newer features get rolled out. Keep letting us know how adding this feature will help your business needs and continue letting us how what this feature’s absence impacts your workflow.
sam17
First-timer (legacy)
Hey Nicholas... you have a point but it could also generate revenue lost for SS by having us use those 3rd party vendors. if they integrate it, then they could certainly sell it as an activated add on. Pick your service level, do you want barcode scanning? Yes, 10.00 more a month please. I don't know if this is going to happen or not but it would be more valuable as an added expense than integrating with the other vendors fees.
MrFent
Occasional Contributor
There have been many cases where a a feature gets added to the core of a service, causing a 3rd party extension to become obsolete. A company isn't going to NOT implement something just because a 3rd party created an extension. Especially when it's the MOST REQUESTED feature. (Has more votes than anything else)
nate1
First-timer (legacy)
Does anyone know what third party extensions exist that will do this in ShipStation?
sam17
First-timer (legacy)
GroovePacker and SKUVault are probably the most common two used. Of those, GroovePacker is probably the most used due to pricing and ease of use.
chris56
First-timer (legacy)
YFinder is right. I think i made this comment before, but feel like i should "bump" it: I was asking for this feature from ship station years ago. However, after implementing SKUvault (and looking in-depth at other options) I realized the following: If you are doing enough volume that just doing manual checks on your shipments is no longer viable, you prob need a real inventory management system. All good inventory management systems include this requested scanning feature. If for some reason you are too big for manual checks but too small for inventory management, groove packer is your solution. Lastly, remember that scanning might seem great on the surface... but the truth is that it adds a level of complexity to shipping that really isnt worth it unless you have a bazillion errors and/or cant do manual checks. First, things can have incorrect barcodes. Second, you need to barcode everything. Third, Scanners **** out/dont work. Forth, you need to input into your system all the barcodes and what they correspond to (big place for errors). Fifth, you system needs to match products to barcodes without errors. Sixth, the system needs to deal with internal and external codes (do you use SKUs? do you use UPCs? What about for your own products? What about for the various manufacturers you use?). Overall, adding codes has been more trouble than its worth on the shipping side. However, we had no choice because we needed to implement inventory management.
ibaldyga
First-timer (legacy)
absolutely need this feature. come on Shipstation!
alecia1
First-timer (legacy)
This is literally the component that is preventing us from using Shipstation. We have been trying to switch to Shipstation in conjunction with Linnworks and away from Solid Commerce but cannot give up this feature. Once we have seen the quality control it has improved in our shipping it has become a necessity for us.