cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
nawigatellc
First-timer (legacy)
We have multiple ebay channels connected to Shipstation, so we get duplicate order numbers as Shipstation is currently using eBay sales record number as order id. Can we get the shipstation id to show up on record because our warehouse pulls the shipstation order id to fulfill the orders
13 Comments
nawigatellc
First-timer (legacy)
Hello! Thanks for the reply The warehouse I'm using "fulfillrite" pulls the "awaiting shipping" orders from shipstation using the Shipstation API Since the order id's currently shown (ebay sales record id) on shipstation could get duplicated, they've decided to use "shipstation id" to uniquely identify orders But as users we can't see it in shipstation (hidden) can we make is visible ? so when we need we can easily find records in shipstation and warehouse back and forth
rich2
Occasional Contributor
3 Votes from me, and I already have a similar idea open. We use your API for a custom app that does everything under the sun. We pick and pack by order ID because like @Matmul mentioned, order numbers will collide. We have 5 ebay stores, and ebay stores are per-username, so eventually all 5 ebay stores will have order number 50000 for example. Using the ShipStation OrderID ensures a unique identifier. That is the only way a machine can tell the difference. You already use this internally, and reveal it to us via the API. What @Matmul and I need is for the order ID to work on the front-end of the ShipStation platform. At our facility, we scan the OrderID everywhere in our own system, but then have to hand-type an order number in your system because you don't support your own OrderID. And as expected, we get multiple results when searching by order number because order numbers collide. Giving us support for the OrderID will cut out the ambiguity.
rich2
Occasional Contributor
We need this too. You use it internally. You give it to us on packing slips. And you give it to us over the API. But you don't let us use it in reverse, so we can't scan a packing slip or copy an order ID from a solution build with the API, and look up the Order ID on the front end of ShipStation. This is less a feature request and more a "Don't hide something you already use from search". It is like the "feature" is obfuscation, and this request is to remove the feature. We should have negative votes.
mark42
First-timer
Hello - I think the problem is that the ebay order ID is not unique enough. These numbers start at 1... so searching for low numbers brings up lots of hits so it is hard to find the right order. Also it will not be unique if a few eBay stores are running. There should be the option to prepend a number onto ebay imports into shipstation. This way you could assign 9999- to one store and 5555- to another. The first order for each would then be different 9999-1 and 5555-1. Shipstation team - surely this is an easy implementation?
rich2
Occasional Contributor
Still under review? I just use the Network inspector on Chrome and viewed all orders awaiting payment in ShipStation. The OrderID is present - just not visually shown nor supported (with search) for everyone. I don't like that we are asking other people to give examples of why they need it, when ShipStation itself is programmed to use it. It comes down to OrderID's are unique, everything else isn't.
support117
First-timer (legacy)
Hello! We are having a similar problem as we have multiple eBay stores and recently our "sales record number" have converged to the same "sales record numbers". So, account 1 is around the same number as account 3 and we pick the wrong items for both accounts and send them to customers, resulting in defects. Recently eBay switched to a new order system which gives each order a unique 07-XXXXX-66666, where as before the "sales order number" and the "order number" matched and hence causing the conflict. But ship station still pulls the "sales record number" and not the "order number". What i am wondering if its possible to switch all or one of the accounts pull in the 12 digit order number instead of the 5 digit "sales record number". Thank you
joebel
First-timer (legacy)
Hello, we need access to this option since sometimes we don't notice that the order ID is being duplicated but have different orders under them. I have attached several examples of these orders
ericp
First-timer (legacy)
Via the ShipStation API there's a ShipStation Id which is a unique reference to the order within the Shipstation system. This is nor the Order# as that is user provided and as others have mentioned that can have conflicts. The Shipstation ID appears on API calls and other places, but isn't visible from the Shipstation website.
dear-leader
New Contributor
This should really be supported already, especially now that eBay uses a unique order number that is the only prominent order identifier used in the eBay account pages.
scott3
First-timer (legacy)
We use the Shipstation API as well and this is a major issue since eBay's managed payments reporting does not reflect the sales record number. It does use the Order Number which is available via eBay's API