cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howard
First-timer (legacy)
We have a company store that sells to the world market. Countries in Asia (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) use 2-byte, non-Roman, unicode characters in their names and addresses. These address will have last characters filtered or altered when printed. It is annoying and risky to loss, not able to print them properly. As more and more companies sells internationally, it is good to prepare ShipStation ready for world markets.
30 Comments
scott3
First-timer (legacy)
This should also support foreign languages
Viacheslav
New Contributor
Please, add a possibility to print labels for the addresses with hieroglyphs and other unicode symbols. At least for certain shipping companies like DHL that does support them.
Amy3
First-timer (legacy)
We frequently receive orders from Korea, Japan and China, which means the customer's addresses are in character language rather than Latin characters. We will add an English translation and leave the customer's address alone when possible, but this often means the address is too long for the shipping label. Please add support for other character languages.
valerie
First-timer (legacy)
I'll add that I get an error message when trying to process a label that is entirely in Japanese characters that the address needs a "first and last name". I have to copy the email address as the company name to get it to print. And if I remember correctly, when printing packing slips for customs forms the Japanese characters show up as question marks.
purchases
First-timer (legacy)
Also adding Chinese language, Royal Mail supports chinese in their labels and it is such a waste of time having to translate all the orders manually
purchases
First-timer (legacy)
Also adding Chinese language, Royal Mail supports chinese in their labels and it is such a waste of time having to translate all the orders manually.
steveo
Occasional Contributor
This has been under review for 5 years. That's deceptive.
steveo
Occasional Contributor
Why make this so complicated? Why suggest what we already have no choice to do, which is using a translation service manually, often after having printed a bad label. The simple and obvious solution, which has been mentioned previously, is for ShipStation to use the Google Translate API to translate automatically.
Status changed to: Under Review

PianoShipping
Occasional Contributor

I get garbled letters when I export shipments into a CSV.  Will this problem be fixed as well?  Thank you.