cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying KG options

TTT
Occasional Contributor

Is anyone annoyed with the extra step of the KG option?  Before we would put in the grams but now we have to put in the KG and also put in the grams

This is providing everyone with extra work and time. Please revert back to the way it was

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

bdrodge
First-timer

I agree. 

Extra step is not necessary. 

Make it one box.  KG if you must (e.g 5.1) but not separate boxes.

I am use to punching in the grams.  Now it is an extra box with annoying up down arrows.

david_boyer
Employee
Employee

Hey there - firstly, thanks for the feedback on this! We've heard from other metric-using merchants that an option to use kg, in addition to grams, would be useful.

We built the new kg option to be interchangeable so you shouldn't need to split your measurement into the two different boxes. For example, if you have a 3.5 kg order, you can type 3.5 into the kg field and it will automatically populate the grams field with "500". Same for the inverse where a 3500 input into the grams field will change it automatically to 3 kg 500 grams.

If there's another step here that's adding an additional input/click, would love to understand that a bit more if you could share your workflow process.

Hello, You have over complicated the weight input / read boxes. There is no need to have them separate and interchangeable. The easiest way to explain I guess is to take a look at a set of scales and see how they display and deal with kg and g. 0 - 999g then 1,000 up wards with a symbol that changes as the weight increases from g to kg. 

TTT
Occasional Contributor

That actually doesn't work.  For example if the weight going in ship station is 1kg 208 grams but the actual weight is 506g I have to remove the 1 kg for the 506 grams to work.  Also I had a package in ship station that was 6 kg and when I put in 6008 g, it put it in as 16 kg.  This is NOT a good option to have and creates more work for every user.  Please revert back to the way it was with perhaps an option to either put in kg or put in g but NOT both.  

TTT
Occasional Contributor

That doesn't work actually. For example if in ship station it is showing as 1.2 kg but the actual weight is 806g, I have to remove the 1 from the kg and add the 806 otherwise it will show as 1.8kg

Also I had an item that showed in ship station as 10 kg but that was actually 8kg.  When I put in 8000 grams it changed it to 18kg

This feature does NOT work.  The only suggestion I have is it to convert it where you can choose grams or KG but NOT both.  It's very time consuming. 

Hey TTT - really appreciate the additional feedback here.

Could you share some more specifics around the "8 kg -> to 18kg" issue? Was the 8kg originally from the sales order and then, when imported into ShipStation, showed as 10 kg? 

This doesn't work as intended; when I have something 500g and put 0.5 into the kg field and hit tab or click away, it changes it to 1 kg and 200 g.

It would be better to have one box for user entry, and the option to switch between kg, g, and lb. This could either be selected as a dropdown in the shipping interface and have it save between orders/screens, or add it as a permanent setting choice in the shipping settings - possibly as a carrier specific setting.

BeadSpider
First-timer

I also agree that the new KG box is awful. It doesn't even fit properly into the column on the scan page correctly. At least give us the option to turn it off in the settings.