cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore should be brought back

Djayroe76
New Contributor

Since the new dashboard it here the one big issue I have is that Shipstation removed the "Restore" order button. We need it back. Pain in the butt if we have order go missing or order gets damaged. You can add the order back but now you cannot add the old items back to the "New " order

9 REPLIES 9

Hello @Djayroe76! Welcome to the community! We truly appreciate your participation.

Thanks so much for this feedback about your need for the Restore button.

I assure you this has been heard and we even have a post about this on our wonderful Feedback Forum! Please feel free to vote/post on the topic below 🙂  

Need to add Restore functionality back 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Where is the NEW feedback forum? Or is all the feedback just being whitewashed and everything has to be voted on again from scratch?

Good afternoon @Ms_Sarcastic

I am happy to point you in the right direction! We actually have a full Feedback discussion available for you to post and vote (via the use of kudos) on new ideas! 

When you first login, you should see a section for DISCUSSIONS and then a subsection for FEEDBACK! That is the new location for the feedback forum! You can think of 1 Kudos as 1 vote! 

To clarify, prior to moving that feedback location, we have done extensive reporting and reorganizing of the top ideas. Those posts/ideas did not "lose their spot" in any way from moving into the new platform.

I hope this helps 🙂 

copperfoxco
First-timer

This is really a huge problem for us.  The "Create new Shipment" feature is a major step back from the old "restore" option as far as reshipping damaged or lost orders.  The new packing slip prints with zero order/item information and it makes it a huge nightmare for our production team as they use that to know what in the world goes in the box!

Howdy y'all! 

We are pleased to announce that our product team has completed and rolled out the "Restore" feature for our New Layout.

Check out this article in our knowledge base for how to reship your order, now including the restore option. 

Happy shipping everyone 🙂 

JerkFit2
Occasional Contributor

This is a lie.  They did not bring this back.  You've made it impossible to restore.  You've cleared out the order and don't allow for even editing items back into the order.  So its worthless.  The only thing you can do is manually create a brand new order.  Why won't anyone actually address this issue??  You've known about it since 2020

kaossalesrep
New Contributor

I completely Agree, this whole New Dashboard has not brought anything useful to the table in my opinion. It has simply made it unnecessarily complicated for anyone who has been with them for years and knew the previous layout and functionality. Why change something if its working just fine and why remove options all of your loyal, paying customers have relied on for years! Its not a good look and has caused nothing but frustration for me and my company having re-train and configure an new work process just so they can what in their opinions make it look prettier? 

kaossalesrep
New Contributor

When? I still do not have this as an option on any of my orders.

carefreetees
First-timer

I found a work-around for anyone who needs to restore (reship) the same order. Open the order in shipstation, void the label. It will not be refunded (of course) but you will get the order restored so you can ship it again with all of the original details.

Its a shame on Shipstation that they do not provide a RESTORE button as they used to have. But this does work at least.