cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test labels

SW
New Contributor

Is it possible to create a test label within ShipStation? I need to test that my integration is working, but I don't want to have to pay for a label to do so.

3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @SW

Thanks for joining us here in the community! We are thrilled to have you with us 🙂 

You can absolutely create a test label in ShipStation! My recommendation to do so would be to create a mock-up testing order directly in the integration, just as you said, to test that connection. Once that test order is imported into the system, utilize a "post ship" billed carrier directly like UPS or FedEx that only charges for labels once they have been scanned in by the carrier directly. This will prevent you from purchasing a label that will not be used to actually send a shipment.

Additionally, you can test out the physical printing of the formatting for your labels from the Printer settings. Starting at Settings (gear icon in the top right) > Printing > Printing Setup > Document Options next to labels > adjust your formatting accordingly > Preview > Print. 

I hope this helps! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Thank you for your response! Does this mean the only way to test labels would be to add money to the account?

@SW

If you utilize a stand alone UPS or FedEx account - one that is NOT connected to the ShipStation wallet - you should not have to add money to an account to create those test tables. Any carrier that is post-billed, would not charge for labels until they are scanned in so you can continue to create them in tests without actually purchasing a label.

I hope this helps! 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!