cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using only scanner for full order fulfillment process

webadmin
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

On today's webinar, we heard that there was a company that figured out how to create a process where they didn't have to touch the keyboard.

I would love to see this in action

10 REPLIES 10

Manager-Erin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @webadmin

Welcome to the community, we are so happy to have you here with us. I was provided with the following video to share with you. 

Also, I have linked the following help center articles that go through how to set this up below. 

Barcode Scanning Overview  

Other Barcode Uses  

Search Orders with a Barcode Scan 

View Orders with a Barcode Scan  

Hopefully, this helps you out! 

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager 

This video is great!  Can someone tell me what he is scanning in order to do this?  

Hi @Shane_Kinney , 

Thank you for being a part of our community and for this question. 

In this video, they are using a PDF document called a Barcode Scan Action Report. This has a preselected list of barcodes you can use to perform actions within ShipStation. I have included a link below with more information. 

Insights Reports: Hotkeys & Barcode Scan Actions: Barcode Action Scan Report

Hopefully, this helps you out, please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

john32
New Contributor

@Shane_Kinney  Hello, has anyone replied to you? I would like to find out how to do this too.

webadmin
Occasional Contributor

@Shane_Kinney and @john32 , I've been looking for the Barcode Action Scan Report mentioned by @Manager-Erin and it seems that it isn't available with the most recent version of ShipStation. It's an old reference. 

I've attended a demo last month, where they were trying to find it and couldn't.

Hey @webadmin@Shane_Kinney, and @john32 ,

Thanks for calling this out, Webadmin, you are right this is only available with our legacy version at this time. My apologies for any confusion that might have caused anyone. I can tell you that this is something that is being worked on for the new layout and we will make sure everyone is notified the moment this has been pushed out. 

@Manager-ErinIs there an approximate date of when this will be available for the new layout?

john32
New Contributor

@Manager-ErinIs SS working on resolving this?

john32
New Contributor

Just heard back from SS and I was able to print the barcodes for box sizes. The hot keys need to be assigned for each one in order for the barcodes to print. Another thing, the barcodes do not work on Firefox.

I tried adding a picture from my computer but don't see an option for that.

webadmin
Occasional Contributor

Nice!
The general hotkeys would be the only way we could go keyboardless.

Patiently waiting for this to be available on the "new" version...