cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erica4
First-timer (legacy)
Etsy is getting ready to integrate gift wrapping and gift messages into their sales platform. I'm hoping there will be an alert for each order containing this information within ShipStation once it goes into effect. Gift messages are going to be made available to all orders at no charge, so every Etsy seller will have to deal with them whether they want to or not, and I am concerned I'll get a gift message request and not know about it. Ideally, I would also like to see a way to print ONLY gift message packing slips and not every packing slip in a batch, since I don't typically include packing slips with my orders.
114 Comments
dcanfield4
First-timer (legacy)
Yes please!
advantagewebage
First-timer (legacy)
Bump for this. I'm going to leave shipstation if this doesn't get implemented.
NickH
New Contributor
I had this same problem, and I'm a computer programmer, so I developed a Chrome extension that will look at your Etsy orders, and on the associated order in Shipstation mark it as a gift and include the gift message in the "Gift Note" field. I'd be happy to help others set this up. Reach out to me at info@BrideandBow.com.
info227
First-timer
Please add this! I would be happy just to see a flag to indicate gift options imported, so that I don't have to double check every single order in Etsy.
12cwest
New Contributor
Etsy's API includes gift messages. No need to "look into" it. I'm not a developer & even I found that with a 10 second search. This is a simple integration that should've been implemented four years ago when this thread was opened. https://www.etsy.com/developers/documentation/reference/receipt
becky
First-timer (legacy)
The Etsy integration also does not map the Ship To Name correctly. The mapping populates ShipStation's Ship To Name with the Billing Name information from Etsy. This is a big problem on Etsy gift orders. I've had an open support task on this issue for weeks with no response.
Not applicable
We have been telling you that the Etsy API does include the gift flag for at least a couple years if not longer. There is zero need to investigate what take 5 seconds to find using a simple search. It's just insulting to see replies like this from the support team. I think we'd all just appreciate candor. Clearly you don't include Etsy on your product roadmap or it's priority as an integration is low. Just tell us so we don't keep wasting our time asking.
evan
First-timer (legacy)
How has this not been implemented. I've been with ShipStation for 8 years now, and this is the first time that I've thought about switching providers. What a dumb reason to lose customers.
DaveSheff
First-timer
Maybe 2021 will be the year ShipStation actually fixes this. Not holding my breath though.
james8
First-timer
Etsy gift wrap and gift message integration would be very helpful and save us a lot of time. Please implement!