cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you obtain a 'B13A authorization code' without having a tracking number first?

Natalie_SLT
Occasional Contributor

We use Shipstation to export from Canada. It now recognizes if you need a B13A Export Declaration and will no longer let you ship without entering the 'authorization number'.  The problem with this is that you need a tracking number first in order to complete the B13A declaration... it is a catch 22 situation.

(We normally create shipping label first, then create and submit B13A in CERS portal, as well as have 3 printed copies.)

So, how can we now complete shipments that require a B13A? 

Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @Natalie_SLT,

Thanks for posting in the community! 

You can check out this article in our Knowledge Base for the steps to having that B13A declaration when needed. 

I hope this helps 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Hi Moderator Davis,

Thank you for responding to my post!

I did read through that article before posting - it is very helpful however did not solve my issue for a couple of reasons:

1) The link to the PDF version of the B13A is expired and I couldn't find it anywhere in the CERS portal or online, and 

2) I am unsure of how to upload anything to the CERS portal, just how to create the declaration. The link to CERS support on that is also expired.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks,

Natalie_SLT

@Natalie_SLT

Thank you for informing us of those broken links! I have alerted the team so they can be fixed in the future! 

I'm hesitant to offer any support for CERS simply because its a completely different system than what I've learned here at ShipStation and I don't want to point you in the wrong direction. Perhaps one of our other wonderful community members can step up and provide some clarity to that situation! 

With that in mind, when I googled "B13A Declaration PDF" I did see a couple options for a free download, including this one! Hopefully something like that can be of service in the meantime while my team fixes the links in the article 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!