cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred attempting to update orders

Positive_Trim
First-timer

Hello first timer here. Uber frustrated.  I have been using Shipstation for a couple years now without too many issues but in the last several months I have been having this same issue over and over.  I go in to update my orders and they are not all importing and I have the "An error occured attempting to update orders" message.  I get 2 versions, see below.  I have tried reconnecting the store, sometimes that works.  I have had to delete the store and add it again as a new connection and that works sometimes.  But the next time I come on I have the same error messages again and have to do it all over. I am wasting so must time I am ready to move on to another shipping solution. I have updated my browser.  I have tried Chrome, Edge and IE.  I have updated the browsers to make sure they are current. I have gone through all the help articles. I would love to contact Shipstation help but I am either too tired or too frustrated to figure out how to do that.  The help just keeps sending me in circles. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have been having to by pass Shipstation and take packages to USPS and wait in line just to get orders out timely.

An error occurred attempting to update orders: Something went wrong refreshing your auth token. Please reconfigure your Squarespace store.
07/12/2021 23:16 : Shipstation
An error occurred attempting to update orders: An error occurred with the connection to SquareSpace, please try again and if the error persists try and reconnect your store
16 REPLIES 16

Hey there @Positive_Trim

Welcome to the community! We are very happy you would turn to us for support.

I really appreciate the amount of detail you provided in this post, including the troubleshooting steps that you have already taken.

With that in mind, I dug into the account myself to see if anything stood out to me. From looking into your account directly, I definitely want to get you connected with a member of our support team so that we can have one of our agents dedicated to getting to the bottom of this with you! 

I will be DMing you here in the community to go over some more details about that process 🙂 

Looking forward to making this a worry of the past with you! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

I'm also having an error issue with date/time with my google merchant account. How do I fix this? Here is the error:

An error occurred attempting to update orders: The supplied DateTime represents an invalid time. For example, when the clock is adjusted forward, any time in the period that is skipped is invalid. Parameter name: dateTime

Bob

Bob

Hey there @mrtall

We are glad to have you with us in the community! Welcome! 

For this specific google account integration error message, I would recommend reaching out to our support team so that we can have an agent that can troubleshoot and dive directly into the connection issue you are seeing. 

I am confident that our Support Team will be able to help get to the root of this so you can process orders! 

Hi! I'm having the same issue. Could you DM me as well?

Hey there @AllHumansBrand

Thank you for turning to the community for help! We are thrilled to have you with us! 

When I pulled up the account, I found that Squarespace is currently showing a solid connection as intended. If you find that despite the good connection showing, that you are seeing orders not import as intended, it would be my recommendation to reach out to our Support Department directly and one of our agents will be more than happy to help get to the root of that behavior with you. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

MenonB
First-timer

I am having an issue with this error, how do I resolve it?

Something went wrong refreshing your auth token. Please reconfigure your Squarespace store.

Hello there @MenonB,

For this "Something went wrong refreshing your auth token. Please reconfigure your Squarespace store." message, you will want to remove Squarespace from Shipstation and the Shipstation App from Squarespace.

First, go to Squarespace and disconnect the Shipstation app.

Once that's done close out of that browser completely, all tabs and windows. Then open a new browser you have never logged into Squarespace with before or clear cookies and cache in another browser and follow the rest of the steps.

Sign into Squarespace.com in this new browser or a browser with the cookies and cache cleared. Then open a new tab in that same browser and go to Shipstation.com and sign in, leaving the tab with Squarespace signed in open.

When doing this in a new browser or with cookies/cache cleared it should be making you type out your full username and password for both Squarespace and Shipstation. If it tries to use a saved username or password the cache isn't cleared and it likely won't work and you'll have to try clearing cache again or download a new browser. 

Once logged into Shipstation and you have both tabs open, go to:

Settings > Selling channels > Store Setup > Modify > Connect

This will take you back to Squarespace where you're already logged in and allow you to accept the connection.

Once this is done go back to Shipstation.com and refresh your store, you shouldn't run into any errors and your token should be valid. 

If you are still seeing this behavior after this following these steps directly, please reach out to our Support Team as additional troubleshooting will be required. They will be more than happy to assist! 

I hope this helps! 

ADL
New Contributor

@Moderator-Davis I am having this exact same issue with multiple Squarespace stores. I have reconnected Squarespace countless times for both stores. Sometimes that will fix the problem temporarily, but the next time I log on, same issue. I have tried various web browsers (Chrome and Safari) and I've also deleted all my cookies, just in case that might help. But it doesn't. This has been happening since May or June. Below are screen grabs from one or two stores over the last month or two. I have had a Squarespace person try to hep me but they just said to take screen grabs of the issue and reconnect the store. They didn't help solve the problem.

Update Error MD Store.png

Refresh error ADL.png

Update error MD.png

Update Error MD Channel.png

Unattended refresh and error.png

MD Store error.png

Hey there @ADL

So sorry for the delay in my response. I have been out of the office. 

From checking out the screenshots you provided, and given the troubleshooting steps you have already taken, my recommendation would be to reach out to our Support Team directly so they can investigate this SquareSpace issue as it shows directly in the account.

If the process listed above (including but not limited to this specific section of steps) is being followed precisely but the same behavior is occurring, we definitely want to take a more direct view to continue troubleshooting! 

I hope this helps!

restandheal
First-timer

I am having this exact same issue and am getting super frustrated. Please help!

Hey there @restandheal

Thanks for commenting! I am sorry to hear you've run into similar troubles. 

When I pulled up the account, I am seeing the connection is complete and no errors showing. If you continue to run into this behavior, it would be my recommendation to start a conversation with our Support Team either via Chat or Email so that we can dig into your account directly to get to the root of it. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

mgovea
New Contributor

Hi there, I am having the same issue. I tried trouble shooting and still nothing. The last time this happened was back in September where I created a new marketplace. It was a good temporary fix, but now it's happening again! Please help! 😞

lsanchez15fl
First-timer

I need help with importing my orders from square. An error occurred attempting to update orders: Failed to parse MonoAuth response. This is the error i get. Very frustrating. 

Hey there lsanchez15fl, 

I checked into this error message you mentioned and found a resolution in our documentation! 

It is our recommendation to reconfigure the store's connection. You can do this by navigating Settings (gear icon) > Selling Channels > Store Setup> The Actions button (“…”) Next to your New Squarespace Store> Modify> Follow the Prompts to complete that reconfiguration. 

If you continue to see this error message after a successful reconfiguration, it would be my secondary recommendation to reach out to Support directly via chat or email so that you can troubleshoot directly with our team 🙂 

I hope this helps! 

I am also having the same problem. Disconnecting and reconnecting has worked in the past, but now I get an error page when I try to do so.  

Hey there @shipper1234

If you are still seeing that orders are not importing, please reach out to our support team with that error message you are seeing. I am confident that we can get those orders importing again as intended!