cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Automating Order Status Updates in Shopify via Shipstation

khubaib_shoukat
First-timer

Hello ShipStation Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently utilizing ShipStation to streamline my order fulfillment process, and I'm curious about automating order status updates in the Shopify backend.

Specifically, I would like to know if there is a way to configure ShipStation so that when I fulfill an order using the platform, it automatically updates the order status in Shopify. Are there specific integrations or settings I need to consider?

I appreciate any insights, tips, or step-by-step guidance you can provide on this matter. Your expertise is invaluable!

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards

1 REPLY 1

UniquelyGeekly
Contributor

Hi.  If you install the Shipstation app integration on your Shopify store then this will happen automatically.  I run several Shopify stores and when an order is shipped out via Shipstation the Shopify order status is set to fulfilled and tracking information applied.  The only issue you'll find is that Shopify doesn't send out a shipping confirmation email when the order is updated automatically by Shipstation.  You can send branded mails via Shipstation but theres a possibility this is going to stop working for Google and Yahoo in the next couple of days because of their increased spam protection measures being introduced.