cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bplasters
First-timer (legacy)
It would be great to be able to automate multiple packages per order through the API.
78 Comments
sales349
First-timer (legacy)
Hi Stephen — sorry for not being clearer. My comment was directed at ShipStation — I was hoping that they could implement the ability to "Change # of Packages" through their Apply Bulk Actions feature. If you're not familiar with Apply Bulk Actions, select more than order in your shipping queue, and then click Other Actions —> Apply Bulk Actions. This enables you to make uniform changes in bulk to multiple orders.
it8
First-timer (legacy)
'+1
it8
First-timer (legacy)
Any idea on how long the review process takes? this says it's been under review since September 2015...
galen1
First-timer (legacy)
Definitely an automated rule that allowed you to add preset multiple package configurations would be amazing!
dkidd
First-timer (legacy)
This is a Huge need for us to use this program on a larger scale. In our scenario (with a different shipping program) we put a flag on products/items that should be shipped alone, let's call it "SOLO Ship". This could be defined in the API as well as on an item setup level (so this gives a method for both API and non API setup). So a few examples of how I envision this working. 1. Order with 5 items flagged with "solo ship" = 5 packages with weights pulled from each item. 2. Order with 2 items not flagged = 1 package with combined weight. 3. Order with 5 items flagged with "solo ship" and 2 items not flagged = 6 packages first 5 weights are pulled from first 5 items, 6'th package is last 2 items weight combined. I'm really hoping this will be a possibility in the near future!
jigar
First-timer (legacy)
This is something we need it badly and real fast. Because we are using a workaround method and we have separate every order based on the quantity of its order item. So 1 order =1 quantity so we create 10 different orders in Shipstation for a order with 10 quantities to handle multiple packaging scenario. It would be great if this feature is added in the order creation API. Would love to see this feature and stop using the workaround.
dkidd
First-timer (legacy)
Any update on this?
jamie
Occasional Contributor
Please add this feature. We ship large furniture items via FedEx. These items are a single sku with a single quantity on an order but it must ship in multiple packages. Currently there is no way to set automation rules to assign multiple packages or a pre-saved package set. This seems like "no-brainer" functionality. The current system forces us to individually prepare each shipment which takes on average about 4-6 different "clicks". This should definitely be added.
express
First-timer (legacy)
This feature would be very useful for our company. We have built an integration from our CRM to ShipStation via the API, and we create all of our orders in the CRM without having to log into ShipStation. With this feature we would be able to create orders with multiple packages from our CRM.
jonn
First-timer (legacy)
This is a failure to have parity across your API's. Your back-end services can obviously handle such a request. There seems to be little reason why an external API call cannot. If this is a compatibility issue then consider API versioning so that we can access later features without worry of breaking BC. If it is a matter of trying to push the web site as the main product I see little reason why people who would use less resources yet pay the same price as those who use more should be unfairly and unnecessarily punished with a reduced feature set. Are you familiar with the dog food principle? This very issue seems to be a very necessary use case for such a thing. Your customers are unable to use the full feature set offered to us by other SUPPORTED means and it is a real issue. Obviously, as an outsider I do not know the internal workings of your company. However, as a programmer, I know that this sort of product disparity is inefficient and requires lots of extra overhead to make functional. Please add more priority to making it a possibility.