cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
info372
First-timer (legacy)
When I hand deliver or the customer picks up and I manually mark it as shipped, it requires me to select a carrier, so can you make a carrier in the drop-down that is "picked up" and does not request a tracking number to be put in and maybe make another carrier that is "hand-delivered" or "self-delivered" and also does not require a tracking number?
114 Comments
nicole10
First-timer (legacy)
Seems pretty clear that this issue needs to be addressed. I find it pretty frustrating that all of these people are saying the same thing over many years and there still isn't a solution. I love Ship Station but this is a glaring hole for a small business.
stefani
First-timer (legacy)
We have a lot of will call orders which we mark as fulfilled through Shopify by using the "mark as shipped" A custom shipping method like "will-call" or "customer pick up" (with custom packing slips) is something that I would implement immediately. For this to be completely effective, I would need to also be able to export reports based on this shipping method.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thank you for the comments! As you may already know, we've just released our inventory management feature that helps you track your products to get ship done! This has taken a lot of time and effort to develop and we're still looking to do more. That being said, we're more free to research other ideas presented in the forum like this, but we're also still busy enough (with inventory improvements) that we still need time to prioritize ideas. @TypeAFinance - What kinds of questions are you looking to answer with a "pickup" type of report? To help with this, you can create a "Pick up order" tag, filter your orders, and then export the filtered orders with a custom format. Understandably, this may not be feasible for all types of situations but if you need this information sooner rather than later, this would be one way to do it.
larry8
First-timer (legacy)
We save a lot of money by using an upper midwest shipper called Spee-Dee. We need to be able to set up and choose this as a custom shipping method. The workout is way too much work.
aaron10
First-timer (legacy)
If you're not supporting LTL freight shipments, we at least need to have this!
michela
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, customer pickup is an obvious one (we currently use Other and then enter PICKUP as the tracking number). Further to this, Australia Post also offers discounted 3kg and 5kg satchels which we use heavily. We don't need Shipstation to generate a configured/paid label for us, just a dumb text label for us to stick onto the satchel. Having a custom shipping method that allows us to handle the "other" 25% of orders that don;t need paid labels generated by ShipStation would mean the software is a complete solution.
sales49
Contributor
We ship a fair amount of LTL Freight shipments and it would be great to be able to select "Other" or "Custom" and be able to put in the name of the Freight or Courier company. As well perhaps a link to their tracking page would be useful. And also perhaps an option for an address for hold for pick up orders. Also, of course, it would be handy to have some of the Custom shippers saved to save on pasting/typing in subsequent orders.
robin4
First-timer (legacy)
I'd just like to be able to have an "Other" shipping option I could use for customer pickups (click and collect). Even a shipping option called "Click and Collect" - it would save time and make my workflow even better. Currently I can only manage this with "Mark as Shipped" - "Other" rather than a dedicated, easy, automated solution.
Jason21
First-timer (legacy)
ShipStation is much more than just shipping software -- it's a platform to manage the logistics of a business. In-Store Pickup is very common for us, and it's important that staff who are processing orders be aware of that fulfillment method when seeing the orders list etc. Please create a Service mapping for In-Store Pickup! Thank you! You guys rule! Jason
Jason21
First-timer (legacy)
Yeah, that's not an elegant solution. This needs to be mapped to the Shipping Service were folks look at shipping services -- not a workaround with tagging. I think you guys would be well advised to incorporate this.