cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airsoftgn
First-timer (legacy)
We ship mostly with USPS first class and use light poly envelopes to ship items out which weigh .5oz-2oz. ShipStation allows you to have products to the tenth decimal, but when we use the automation features to add the dunnage factor of a .3oz envelope, we can only do whole numbers. This actually does make a difference in high volume/low profit businesses where a bump in first class price can make all the difference.
42 Comments
tibolt
First-timer (legacy)
Every single thing this software is designed to do, including it's very name, has to do with shipping. Why on earth can we not define the weight of our packaging? Every single package shipment made via this service requires this weight to be known... I have been paying what, $45 a month, each and every month now, for 3 years. I guess it's time for me to see what other companies are out there, since ShipStation doesn't seem to care about this issue.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@United States Fellhoelter KnifeWerks LLC – Thanks for commenting! We read feedback daily and use it to help us prioritize fixes and new features. Our developer team has been made aware of this limitation in automation rules. We’ll be sure to update you here once we have news.
contact90
First-timer (legacy)
I ship a lot of small items and need the ability to be able to create an automation rule to include the weight of an envelope (i.e. - 0.4 ounces) and/or packaging. Currently, my shipments are over weight since I have to add one full additional ounce to every order to account for packaging.
viktor
Occasional Contributor
This is incredibly crucial for companies that need to ship products in batches - we often need to include a marketing insert to a specific subset of customers and as written below, when we talk about high-volume, extra shipping cost induced can significantly add up(especially when a folded letter weighs far less than an ounce). Furthermore, when shipping with Canada Post through our Canadian account, their weight thresholds aren't tied to ounces, so the ability to precisely adjust order weight is incredibly crucial.
info814
First-timer (legacy)
I need the ability to be able to create an automation rule to include the weight of an envelope and/or packaging .05 a decimal place would be great. Currently, my shipments are over weight and I have to pay more to have it automated since I have to add one full additional ounce to every order to account for packaging.
ruben
First-timer (legacy)
Why does this not exist yet? This is insane.
viktor
Occasional Contributor
Updates? Three and a half years later for a basic "feature"...?
nexusfulfillmen
First-timer (legacy)
Any idea on this? In the computer world I know things are complicated, but isn't this just changing data type from int to float? Professional developers should be able to do this pretty easily I would think..? This costs me many hours a month not have automatic.
jeff7
Occasional Contributor
This is very important to us as well. We ship over 60,000 packages per year. 90% of those orders use the same packaging. The envelope weighs .9 oz and our products have varying weights from .3 oz to 1.2 oz. Since we have to enter whole numbers, we can easily overpay when we ship multiple items.So we weigh every package. If the software would add the package weight and product weight correctly, we would not need to verify the weight of every package and save a lot of time and money.
jpringle
First-timer (legacy)
This is needed ASAP. We can use decimal values when defining package dimensions (settings > packages) but cannot use them when creating an automation rule. It is or should be the same functionality. Having ShipStation customers go up a .5 decimal value with package dimensions results in more cost for us. Also, most ShipStation customers have a lot of orders coming in and to have to manually change the package field under Shipping Info for each order is not efficient at all.This is a major drawback and makes me consider other shipping tools.