cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airsoftgn
First-timer (legacy)
We ship mostly with USPS first class and use light poly envelopes to ship items out which weigh .5oz-2oz. ShipStation allows you to have products to the tenth decimal, but when we use the automation features to add the dunnage factor of a .3oz envelope, we can only do whole numbers. This actually does make a difference in high volume/low profit businesses where a bump in first class price can make all the difference.
42 Comments
mason2
First-timer (legacy)
Total agree. 80% of our shipments are 3-4 oz. $0.12/package is a big savings when you ship thousands of packages.
jon29
First-timer (legacy)
We prefer to decimalise all weight numbers rather than use oz. Is this possible?
awolfram
First-timer (legacy)
USPS confirmed in March 2016 that you can send up to 15.9 oz via first class mail envelope, if purchased online. still at 13oz in the branches however. Anyway, it DOES work in your system manually already, but your automation doesn't allow for decimal points, so i'm setting it for 15oz, and then having to manually update them all before I print labels to that of 15.8. It takes it, but ugh, can you guys fix that please?
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hey @Alex Wolfram The Garage Shield, this is a known issue and we will update you and everyone else here as soon as we have more information on it. Thank you for waiting thus far. Have you looked into tagging your orders with First Class Mail? This way you can select all orders with this tag and use the sidebar to update their weights all at once (or use Bulk Actions!) @Jon - I'm not sure I understand your comment, is it that you're interested in entering 1.5 lbs instead of 24 oz?
jon29
First-timer (legacy)
'@ShipStation, yes we would like to use 1.5 lbs instead of 24 oz. We would also like to choose metric or imperial on a per shipment basis not a setting that changes it all over (We don't want an all or nothing setting) Is this possible?
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for the update @Jon - I'll take note of your decimal weights. As for the mixed units, at the moment, units have to be the all-or-nothing setting and there isn't a way to set them on a per-shipment basis. Can you tell me more about having/using both units at the same time?
wtmcwilliams
First-timer (legacy)
'@ShipStation, I want to create an automation rule that adds the weight of my envelope to every order on import. My envelopes weigh .354 ounces with the label, but I am unable to add the .36 ounce I want to add for all imported orders. Can I override the full ounce limitation on the import rule for adding weight to the order or can you allow that for me? Thank you
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@William McWilliams - Thanks for posting your comment! Our developers aware of this automation rule limitation however we don't have an ETA on this. The only way to ensure your orders have decimal weight is to go into each order (with the Order Details window or the sidebar) and set it as such. If applicable, you may be able to tag your orders as they import to increase the visibility to ensure you add the 0.354 oz.
tibolt
First-timer (legacy)
I see this is a 4 year old issue. Can we please solve it? It's crazy that I can specify the items IN the package to the hundredth of an ounce, but am not allowed to specify the weight of the packaging at all. All we have is this crippled whole oz automation rule. I should be able to add weights via a preset. We have presets, and they are wonderful, but I can't add a fraction of an ounce via a preset to account for the actual packaging being used! I should be able to ship via preset "A" and have it add the Envelope/Label weight to the item weights, and set the other shipment parameters. And Preset "B" do the same for a different packaging configuration, etc... etc...
thetraveler333
First-timer (legacy)
I like shipstation, I think you'll find they are VERY frustratingly slow on implementing some common sense things like this. We haven't even been able to get them to come up with a good way to automatically combine orders from the same customer even though it would benefit 80% of sellers or more. Yet they work on implementing things that I'm sure don't benefit more than 1% of sellers. Go figure, lol. Things like this decimal point situation, shouldn't take more than an hour or two of their web designers time, but it gets treated like it's an overwhelmingly large thing to get done.