cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredwarner1
Occasional Contributor
For USPS to ship to a US territory, the state must be the territory abbreviation and the country must be "United States". However, orders are often imported from the marketplaces with the territory written out in the state field and/or the country set to the territory. These must be manually changed for USPS shipments or an error occurs during label creation. This is a near daily issue for Puerto Rico. Having the ability to create automation rules with actions to change state and country would be very useful, and there would probably be other areas that this could be useful for as well. A previous suggestion was opened for this issue three years ago ( http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/7306715-puert... ) but was closed without resolution. I can't imagine this being a difficult feature to implement compared to many of the existing automation actions that are more complex, and it should benefit nearly every medium to large seller that imports orders from marketplaces.
16 Comments
fredwarner1
Occasional Contributor
Having the ability to change State through an automation rule would be very helpful here. In a batch of 100-200 shipments, there will often be 2 or 3 going USPS to PR (or other territories). Having the errors and having to manually change addresses really puts strain on our process. It seems like it shouldn't be too difficult to add one more Action in automation rules. You can already filter by State.
customerservi40
First-timer (legacy)
Puerto Rico Rate to State error I receive multiple orders from Puerto Rico everyday Each time I have to manually change the state to PR from Puerto Rico or i get a rate to state error Shipstation should be able to change it to PR automatically We are getting way more PR orders and its a PITA to change the addresses. It would save me 10 minutes a day.
shipping148
First-timer (legacy)
Orders with shipping address State says "Puerto Rico" should correct themselves as "PR" instead of making us crazy trying to guess what's the problem with this order that system can't print label
cls
First-timer (legacy)
We have a similar problem. Several repeat customers will not transfer from Quickbooks with the correct country. This keeps the customs documents from populating. An automation that would set or change the country would solve this problem. An automation to set the customs declaration regardless of the country saying USA would also solve this.
info58
First-timer (legacy)
Same thing applies for Fedex. PR is considered an international territory for Fedex but considered a US territory for Shopify. If you are using Shopify for your store and use Zonos as your international checkout platform, even though Zonos will populate the correct address that the customer entered with the country as Puerto Rico, Shopify will change the country to United States. Therefore, the order will show PR, United States on Shipstation and it won't let you ship it as it won't populate any Fedex services. You will have to manually change the country on the order to Puerto Rico and only then will you be able to ship the order. If Shipstation added an automation to be able to change the country on an order based on the order state this would fix the issue. Please add this as anyone who is using Shopify with Zonos and Shipstation and shipping through Fedex will run into this issue for Puerto Rico orders.
Status changed to: No status