cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saranoni22
New Contributor

Hello, My team and I want to increase our efficiency. The best way to increase our shipping efficiency is to have an automatically populated carrier selected based on the cheapest shipping price. Currently, there are no automation rules that allow this to occur. Can this be an added feature to the automation rule? Thank you, this will be extremely beneficial for our shipping efficiencies. 

4 Comments
Wmmra
First-timer

What you’re asking and what you’re trying to accomplish are already taken care of through “zones”. 

Your location and mine are different. So my research into how we accomplished a ship code specific rule set isn’t going to apply to you, but if you’re creative, it can be done. 🙃

For  best immediate results, look at USPS and ups shipping zones. 

if you want more help, PM me

Starkline
Occasional Contributor

@WmmraThe shipping zone automation doesn't work for us since we use our own UPS account and the UPS from Shipstation, but the cheapest option between the two isn't always dependent on the zone. There are too many variables that make the automation useless. Trust me, I've spent hours working through the automation and it's only right about 50% of the time

ShawnSingh
Contributor

Hey @Saranoni22 , just wanted to let you know we did develop a tool to help automate the carrier rate shopping process in ShipStation - you can take a look at it here: www.v2.shippingplus.co

Here's also a quick loom video on how it works
https://www.loom.com/share/9fd77c821ace4074b1bb411984fdbe01

frontdesk
First-timer

Yo Yo @Saranoni22 !!

I had the SAME issue for a long time... Spent tons of my own time & money trying to figure out a solution!

I finally was able to PERSONALLY (because no one talks about htis) duct tape a solution together:

I setup automatic rules inside ShipStation to select the best rate. Using order weight, quantity, shipping zone, sku size, etc...

PROBLEM: ShipStation's rules are static. Which left me with spending more time tinkering on the rules and ultimately loosing a ton of $ when the rule(s) broke.

SOLUTION: I implemented this AI software called STRING. It handles this entire process from A-Z. It auto-picks the best rate for me, EVERY. SINGLE TIME. No more headaches & so much more $ saved!

Company: meetstring.com
Founder's email: tyler@meetstring.com

Let me know if you would like an intro 🙂