cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tacticalkeychai
First-timer (legacy)
Combine the Preset Group Customs Declaration Descriptions Currently the only way that customs descriptions get combined is if you edit each product. So I would like to see our Preset Groups declarations combined on the customs forms. As it sits with preset groups customs, you will get the same preset group name over and over with a qty of 1. Instead of combining the descriptions and quantity. Hopefully that is clear
12 Comments
tacticalkeychai
First-timer (legacy)
5% probably. That may change in the future however. Preset groups save so much time that it should be implemented.
shipping120
First-timer
This is a big issue for Mail Innovations as well. They only allow one line item on the Customs Declaration, so if I have an order with multiple items, I need to go into each order, delete all but one item, change the name to a generic "herbal supplements" and then change the value to be the Product Total of that order. And repeat for each MI order. It's not fun. I'm debating switching back to WorldShip for this functionality.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@LifeSpa Shipping Dept LifeSpa - Thanks for chiming in! I'd like to see if there's something you can do today to help, and to see what works and what doesn't so we can better understand your business challenges. Have you looked into creating declarations based on pre-defined values? This is particularly helpful when all of your products use the same description and are able to use the same harmonization code. Here's more info on that: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206639017 There will only be one customs declaration line, and you will have to update the value and quantity for each order. There are different things you can do to make these orders more visible so you don't forget to change the quantity and values--automation rules can apply tags, send emails to whichever email address you define, and trigger alerts. What do you think?
shipping120
First-timer
'@ShipStation - I appreciate your response, that helps a little bit in that I don't have to delete out the other line items, (I'd already figured out how to change all my products to have a generic customs description of "herbal supplements") but the real delay is in entering the value and quantity. It's also extra frustrating because I can't paste values into the value field, which would make life slightly easier in that I could copy the product total and paste it into the value field instead of having to remember it. It's just another opportunity for human error.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@LifeSpa Shipping Dept LifeSpa - That's understandable. The less typing you have to do, the less chance of hitting other keys. @everyone - Thanks for your input, guys! We'll let you know if there's an update on this one here in the forum or we'll reach out to you if we need more info.
sequins
Contributor
As a work around, is there any way to delete all the items listed in a faster way than clicking the trash can icon? I have an international order today with 232 items on it. They all have the same Harmonic Code, so can be consolidated into one line. Clicking the trash can icon 232 times is a bit cumbersome.
sales235
First-timer (legacy)
This would be a great addition and a major time saver!
store3
First-timer
So, here is my situation and maybe this will help to clarify the issue (or it might just muddy it up a bit). I am looking at both the "create declarations from order items" and the “use pre-defined values" in the international settings. Currently USPS has no restrictions on number of line items for customs forms, so the "create declarations..." setting works great. The customs form shows the correct quantity, value, etc. and it goes through the customs system just fine, generally. I recently started using UPS and UPS MI (in addition to USPS). UPS has a soft limit of 5 line items (you can pay for more line items), UPS MI has a hard limit of 1 line item per customs form. I can work with these line item limits since my particular 450+ product line is basically the same kind of thing. But here's the problem: If I use the "Create declarations from order items" option, and an order has 4 different products with the customs description in each product detail listed as the exact same thing - the customs form shows 4 line items that have the same description. The system does not recognize the customs descriptions as being the same. So, I would have to delete the excess line items, update the total quantity and the sum value. Using the same scenario of an order with 4 different products - If I use the "pre-defined values" option, I define the description and leave the value and quantity blank (under the assumption that blank values would be determined by the order). This gets me to the one line item UPS MI requires on the customs form. However, while the description is listed as one line item and the customs value is summed correctly and listed correctly, the quantity field is defaulted to a value of 1 (because 0 or blank would be null). So, now I have the option to either go into each order and manually update the quantity in each order one by one or handwrite the correct quantity on the customs form (handwriting might actually be faster, but I’m not sure what that does when it reaches the customs system). This default of “1” quantity even applies when an order is a multiple quantity of the same single item. This is frustrating when approximately 1/3 of my orders are international and on a given fulfillment day I could have 75-300 international labels to process. Feel free to contact me if you need a guinea pig for testing.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi Boardgamegeek! I just got confirmation from Stamps.com that 30 Customs Declaration Descriptions are now available for each shipment instead of 5. While this doesn't resolve some larger orders that you guys have described. Thank you guys for your feedback!
shipping133
First-timer (legacy)
In the default customs declaration, under the product tab, we need to have the ability to add multiple line items. I can import packages into shipstation, but can not provide correct documentation when shipping internationally. I know I can add more lines, once in the order, but what good is a preset if it's not capable to ship multiple products with different values. Simply add the (+ADD DECLARATION) function into the preset tab under products. This would be great, and should have been available from the start. Also, currently there is no way to add freight charges for the customs documentation. All our orders that have a freight charge have to be reinput into UPS worldship. Please give us the ability to attach the correct paperwork with our shipments. This is a huge problem.