cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shawn_morris
First-timer (legacy)
Ability to further customize what each user sees in ShipStation (Shipped, Cancelled tabs on the left side of page) When we have people join our shipping team, I know that ShipStation can be a bit overwhelming. So the simpler and more straightforward the layout, the easy it is to train people. What it accomplishes: Easy way to train new employees.
43 Comments
afarabaugh
First-timer (legacy)
we use different pc's in different states. we have to scroll through each others presets to pick the right preset according to what we are shipping and where it is shipping from. would be much easier if presets were able to be set per pc instead of per account.
abr
First-timer (legacy)
I would love to see this feature added! We have a customer service team that processes replacement orders through Shipstation, but I don't want them to see any other store than the Custom Store that I have created for this purpose. I definitely would like to see more options in the area of restricting certain users of certain features.
john54
First-timer (legacy)
We have multiple fulfillment locations, each with ShipStation accounts and shipping terminals. As each location is able, they assign orders to themselves and begin fulfillment. Unfortunately, when an order is assigned to a user, ShipStation does not update the list of orders to reflect this for all logged in users. Instead, other users must manually "reload" the list of orders. This makes it very easy for one location to re-assign an order to itself after it has already been assigned to a different location. There are a number of "solutions" that would fix this problem. 1) Warn a user that an order is already assigned if a user attempts to re-assign. 2) Reload the list of orders for all locations whenever a user at any location assigns an order. 3) Treat assigning an order similar to how shipping an order currently works. That is, grey out the order in the order list for all users and display the orange warning message that X many orders have changed and the user should reload. Any of these solutions would work for our use case.
john54
First-timer (legacy)
No feedback on this? Is no one else using the "Assign" feature to manage shipping across multiple fulfillment locations?
sales397
First-timer (legacy)
We were looking to add some users, but I want to restrict them from modifying the address. The reason we are asking for this is because - we ship out very expensive merchandise at times $10k+ and we do not want to provide employees the opportunity to ship the package to a friends or familys house. Although I trust the staff- most thefts are crimes of opportunity and we want to limit the opportunity of this type of theft.
nick47
First-timer (legacy)
This is something we have been needing for a while. Please add it.
groupsales
First-timer (legacy)
I do a lot of third party shipping and I would love to be able to create staff accounts for my customers to go in and view their stores but really only view orders, shipments and the tracking for shipments. I spend hours a day giving them tracking numbers and for me to be able to give them access to only viewing their orders and tracking would be HUGE. I don't need them to know what I spent on postage or any of my account details, just their tracking.
derek9
First-timer (legacy)
Completely agree with Valerie. This would save us hours a day going back and forth with tracking numbers or double checking addresses. Customers don't need to see our other customers, postage or account details.
david19
First-timer
Hi, Users with restricted rights that should only be able to see shipments created by them, are able to see shipments created by other users in the End Of Day forms. Furthermore they are able to print End of Day form for shipments they did not create. End of day form has shipments details from all orders and not just theirs. This is a security concern and defeats the whole purpose of having the option of having a user not see other users shipments This seems to be a bug. Kindly fix. Thanks!
tyler_wall
First-timer (legacy)
If you take a look at linnworks which is what we are integrating you with and your program offers much of the same features they do.....they offer about 50-70 options to restrict certain features from occurring. However, once I send them over to you for shipping (because you offer smartpost and pricing visibility on the interface)...it becomes nearly a free for all from an inventory loss perspective. For example, I can get micro down to the user to not let them change addresses. Or i can not let them change items in order. Just check boxes to that level per user. That's a big deal instead of lumping things together and the lumping isn't even very good. Like in order to change cut off time and making your manifest show the products on the next day...you basically have to have admin access. In order to block a user from editing...you have to assign orders to them.