cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard17
First-timer (legacy)
As Shipstation is adding new carriers the list of carriers in the drop down lists is getting so long that it now requires scrolling to access popular carriers like UPS. This is really cumbersome when updating shipping information from a drop ship or external shipping process. How about either suggestion carrier based on the tracking number (which would also increase speed) or at least allow personalized reorder of carrier list or even turn off carriers not used by users in preferences.
29 Comments
info924
First-timer (legacy)
ONtrac and UPS are not our main carriers so the problem is not ONtrac nor UPS. We only send out a small number of shipments every month with them...I would say no more then 10 per month. The rest of the almost 600 shipments per month are divided up between USPS and Fedex. What I would recommend that would help you capture the details you seek is a quick 5 minute call. This will also reduce endless emails that get lost in translation. You can reach out to me through the number on our account. Just ask for Rolando
richard17
First-timer (legacy)
We update about half our orders from multiple exterior vendors that drop ship items for us. So that is why the long list of carriers is a pain because it requires scrolling to UPS. So not only is UPS is an issue, but to improve speed and accuracy to be custom select the list of carriers in that drop down list improves the overall workflow.
anoop_s
First-timer (legacy)
In addition to what has already been suggested, it would be really helpful for us if we could maintain a list of our own carriers that we could then select from the "Mark as Shipped" screen. For example, we use local delivery couriers (e.g. one of them is called K&H Couriers). When I go to the "Mark as Shipped" screen, I'd like to be able to select "K&H' as the carrier and input their tracking number. I realize this won't be integrated in any way, but that's fine. Currently, the only option i have is to choose "Other" as the carrier but then it doesn't allow me to specify any further details about which carrier i actually used.
david13
First-timer (legacy)
Re: "Shipping Purdys Chocolatier commented · June 08, 2016 15:02 · In addition to what has already been suggested, it would be really helpful for us if we could maintain a list of our own carriers that we could then select from the "Mark as Shipped" screen. For example, we use local delivery couriers (e.g. one of them is called K&H Couriers). When I go to the "Mark as Shipped" screen, I'd like to be able to select "K&H' as the carrier and input their tracking number. I realize this won't be integrated in any way, but that's fine. Currently, the only option i have is to choose "Other" as the carrier but then it doesn't allow me to specify any further details about which carrier i actually used." We are after EXACTLY that functionality and 100% understand it would not be maintained in SS. THAT said, to make it easier for the developers, maybe we could just have a settings page that allowed us/(anyone) to select which ones were displayed (helping "hide" others. As well as add our own to the list that had no options to update marketplace, but WOULD allow us to email our customers. Thank you, David K at Growers House
ryan58
First-timer (legacy)
Has the SS dev team been working on this? We ship out 200-300 items weekly and 25% of those are dropshipped direct from the manufacturer using a local freight carrier. We would like to add this carrier and their tracking link along with the other features discussed here. We spend entirely too much time on the phone with customers complaining that their tracking email says it was shipped via "Other". The tracking number below it becomes irrelevant. If this feature is not planned for the future, we will not be able to continue using SS.
nate5
First-timer (legacy)
I would like the ability to create and manage custom carriers. I know that SS concern is the ability to have a tracking link work though. I would like to be able to select from a bunch of Freight Carriers that we use often like YRC, Estes Express, Roadway, etc. Shipworks works around this by when the user selects "other" for the carrier, it provides a blank to input the carrier name. Then the carrier name at least gets transmitted to the customer. Currently, I am entering the Pro# with the carrier name behind it like this: 037-987633--ESTES - then I select "other" and mark as shipped when processing drop ships. Also, this thread started over two years ago . . . guess that shipstation is still "reviewing our request", but don't worry, we'll hear back from them when a decision is made.
Accountspayable
First-timer (legacy)
I would love the ability to only have our selected carriers listed in the drop down menu. We ship a lot of packages USPS and it would be great not to have to scroll to the bottom of 40+ shipments a day just for this one feature. It's quite time consuming and we aren't even in our busy season. I know this is an old post, hoping that it gets some attention!
info599
First-timer (legacy)
hello we use those carrier very famous in Canada: Fasfrate . Estes . Quebec Billard Express . Transport Guilbault . Speedy Express
erin6
First-timer (legacy)
Here, here! Looks like this is a very old and long time issue that really should have been dealt with long ago! I use only 3 carriers from the USA on this list and have to scroll to the bottom every time! The ability to customize the list would be a feature that I'm sure most everyone would use. Please, please, please make it happen soon! We would really appreciate it!
bryan10
First-timer (legacy)
I would like to request that Estes be added as a carrier. In addition, please consider a way to filter the carriers so that only the ones we use appear.