cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adam_springer
First-timer (legacy)
Working with third party suppliers who are fulfilling orders for us we need the ability to hide the unit $ and the total $.
19 Comments
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hey @LAL Lost Art Liquids, if it's not covered already, please add your business challenges here so we can continue to learn more about the goals you're trying to achieve by hiding unit prices and order totals.
joycoint
First-timer (legacy)
Yes! We really need this option to be available when adding a user in our team. Eatheir have that option in the main user settings or to be able to create an automation rule and have that as an option when creating a rule. Please implement that as soon as you can!!
Scott_A
New Contributor
This is also important for us if we would want to implement ShipStation for our parent company on an enterprise basis. Its fine for our smaller B2C divisions where it is currently in use, however, for the parent OEM company end users can't be allowed to see the pricing extended to our large commercial, industrial and gov customers.
sales183
First-timer (legacy)
We have tried every possible work around to keep using shipstation and fix this problem that doesn't let us remove pricing on orders. Much of shipstation seems geared towards allowing us to pull in others to use the software too and ship from their location, yet the most basic feature of stripping out the cost of product is overlooked. It's industry standard to allow not putting pricing on a packing slip, so this should be no different. I don't even know why shipstation HAS product pricing. Everyone uses a different site or program to actually place orders right? Shipstation really has no purpose other than for customs declarations, to even have product pricing imported. Thanks!
info160
New Contributor
Adding a restriction to hide product & total prices would be extremely beneficial. Currently, we have to directly email our other fulfillment facility with all of the orders we need to ship out from their location. My hope for using ShipStation was to add a second user for them so they could just login and view all of their shipments, and move away from us having to email them everyday with orders. But since we don't want them to see the unit & total pricings, we will have to keep sending daily emails unfortunately.
Status changed to: Under Review

Bwarman14
New Contributor

Hope this issue has been resolved years later. Because it would be really beneficial to have this option in permissions.

Jerry_Phillips
Explorer

I know it's been years since this one got added, but I'm really hoping to boost some interest in this topic here as it seems to continue to be an issue for shipstation users. 

We're having similar issues to everyone above. Adding a restriction to hide product & total prices by user would be extremely beneficial for our business. We have a user account set up for our fulfillment center but this gives them access to our customer list, unit prices and order totals ultimately giving them the ability to beat our prices and act as a competitor or raise the prices on us for fulfillment as we increase our prices to keep up with material cost increases. 

Admin users should be able to view pricing and order total information but users at the warehouse or fulfillment level should only see SKUs, Quantities and shipping information. No prices or order totals should be accessible for warehouse employees as they are only responsible for picking, packing and shipping. I understand that currently we can change the value to "$0" per product for orders that are manually entered but this is an issue across all stores and includes orders that import through integration. 

We're really hoping this can be resolved because we're a small business and each time we raise our prices to keep up with labor and material cost increases our fulfillment center sees that we've increased our prices and they send us a price increase for the same percentage and around and around it goes. 

@Bwarman14 @Moderator-Davis Hoping to get some interest here. I spoke to customer service and so far there is no answer for this and they directed us here. 

Jerry_Phillips
Explorer

I know it's been years since this one got added, but I'm really hoping to boost some interest in this topic here as it seems to continue to be an issue for shipstation users. 

We're having similar issues to everyone above. Adding a restriction to hide product & total prices by user would be extremely beneficial for our business. We have a user account set up for our fulfillment center but this gives them access to our customer list, unit prices and order totals ultimately giving them the ability to beat our prices and act as a competitor or raise the prices on us for fulfillment as we increase our prices to keep up with material cost increases. 

Admin users should be able to view pricing and order total information but users at the warehouse or fulfillment level should only see SKUs, Quantities and shipping information. No prices or order totals should be accessible for warehouse employees as they are only responsible for picking, packing and shipping. 

We're really hoping this can be resolved because we're a small business and each time we raise our prices to keep up with labor and material cost increases our fulfillment center sees that we've increased our prices and they send us a price increase for the same percentage and around and around it goes. 

Hoping to get some interest here. I spoke to customer service and so far there is no answer for this and they directed us here.