cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
sam31
First-timer (legacy)
I would like the ability to import and export product attributes like product description, image url, etc.
14 Comments
sam31
First-timer (legacy)
Sure, we have products that have simple titles like XYZ PRODUCT 5-Pack Combo. We use the product description to name the SKUs included in the combo both for packers and customers. We did this since Shipstation doesn't do a good job of handling BUNDLE SKUS from magento. However, maintaining these product descriptions and editing/QAing them is hard since we don't have this field in export/import files.
mk100best
First-timer (legacy)
I agree - this is something that needs work. We are new to this and webgility does this and it is real nice especially with quickbooks sync - it takes the variations and puts in the description. This should be fairly straightforward as you have this data shown in the item description of the order view and packing slip/picking slip.
sales388
First-timer (legacy)
It's 2017. Let's fix this already.... or at least notify your customers that this is not supported. F'ed up my day ๐Ÿ˜ž
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for the info, @samnamiam! Currently, there isn't a great way to handle bundled items. I've seen other users use one of the other available fields to add visibility to the SKUs although I understand it's not an optimal workflow. For now, we'd like to see other users chime in here before moving forward.
ryan53
First-timer (legacy)
WOW, such a fundamental part of an item (short desc.) cannot even be imported/exported. come on, your not a start up company anymore. PLEASE add desc. to import/export, it's an extra column :). 2018 will not see my account here if this can't be added.
aquapillar
Occasional Contributor
I like to import additional description to my product that is printed on the invoice, but currently I have resorted to replacing the UPC code with this data, this is not optimal at all, it would be great to have additional slots for different information starting with the DESCRIPTION. it's already there and everything else is mostly import/exportable, why not this section???
scott34
First-timer (legacy)
Along with the product description, being able to import the name override setting would be nice. Really, why aren't all product detail fields available for import? Seems like a no-brainer, and will probably be the reason we can't choose SS as our new shipping solution.
orders108
First-timer (legacy)
Is there a timeline on when the description field is going to be available thru the API, if at all?
lliu
First-timer (legacy)
We also need to export product description en masse
Eric19
First-timer (legacy)
This is kind of ridiculous that it needs to be done manually.