cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Night40
First-timer
We would like to lock packers via admin setting to a warehouse location so that packer will not have to constantly use a drop down menu on order detail page to choose his location. This feature should be beneficial to any SS user where there is more than 1 warehouse. I.e. David the packer is located in NY, so upon creation of his account by admin we will choose a default warehouse for David - Warehouse NY. Then anytime David will be logged into the system "Ship From" location will be preselected and locked for David. If David moves to CA then all admin has to do is change the default warehouse location for David. Alternatively, SS may provide as an option to SS admins to enable an option for admins to choose default warehouse.
14 Comments
arlan
First-timer (legacy)
Yes I need this feature too! My guy at my fulfillment warehouse sometimes forgets to change the "ship from" address each time he ships something.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi @everyone! Have you tried creating an automation rule based on Ship From Location equals (blank) that Assigns To User (blank)? If this does not work for you, what obstacles have you seen in doing this and what exactly beyond this option would you like to see added to ShipStation?
arlan
First-timer (legacy)
If I understand right the automation rule only runs when the order is first imported. Does the Ship From Location even have a value at that time? What I really need is a way for it to automatically assign a Ship From Location to the order at the time when I assign it to a user.
steve58
First-timer (legacy)
You can assign shipment to specific user and assign specific Ship From location with automation but when this user (packer) processes the package, nothing prevents him to change Ship From location and/or see other Ship From locations. Packer should be limited in a way that he can not under any circumstances change Ship From location or even see other Ship From locations.
denis_phan
First-timer (legacy)
I would like to be able to assign multiple users to a specific warehouse and for those users to only be able to see orders assigned to their warehouse. This would help with order management as multiple people could process orders and not be tied to one user account (useful for when people are on holiday), increases security as you wouldn't need to give some one your password when away and would limit sensitive data about how many orders are being fulfilled at each warehouse. It also allows for more granular audit trails for errors and activity as multiple people aren't using 1 account. The only way to do this at the moment is having multiple Shipstation accounts for each warehouse but this has major drawbacks with additional cost involve and limits the flexibility of Shipstation's routing on the fly function.
denis_phan
First-timer (legacy)
I don't want all orders for a certain warehouse to be tied to and only visible to 1 user at a time. I would like all the users from a particular warehouse to be able to see and process all orders for their warehouse only. As we have multiple warehouses with multiple users, each warehouse needs to be able to see all the orders they have to fulfill, with out being limited to one user account.
rj1
First-timer (legacy)
We really need this functionality too. We've got multiple warehouses and multiple users at each warehouse. The ability to assign orders and restrict the account to only view those orders is just what we need, but we need multiple users to be assigned that same order set so that they can view the orders at the same time. Please add this feature!
nate1
First-timer (legacy)
We need this feature. We need our users to be assigned to a group or location. That way 5 employees at our store do not see the orders at our warehouse and vice versa. We cannot turn our automatic receipting in our POS system on until this feature is added to ShipStation. You will save us so much time. Please add this feature.
peteradams
First-timer (legacy)
I would also like this ability, and the ability to limit users to specific sales channels. Sometimes I multiple sales channels linked to one warehouse, however the user is not responsible for shipping all the orders related to the warehouse, only the orders of a specific sales channel.
russell2
First-timer (legacy)
Still waiting for a feature like this!!