cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OneSharpJoe
Occasional Contributor

Looking for a method to count the Qty of times a product tag is present on an order.

I need to change the shipping carrier if a large item is there more than once. But stick with default carrier if 1 large item is there even with multiple small ones.

The trigger to move to the other carrier is large > 1

Hope this helps and that we could see this implemented.

Thanks

3 Comments
masonfabian
Super User
Super User

large_greater_than_1.PNG

large_greater_than_1_p2.PNG

Here are two possible solutions off the top of my head.
The first would be if you have a weight for those large packages (say 16oz per) and when the order exceeds that weight x 2, change the shipping.

The second solution is less accurate, because if there is anything bundled with a large item the shipping will change. Both solutions will allow orders with a mix of large and small to be upgraded to the new shipping.

If you need an exact solution, then I think you will have to delve into the ShipStation API, but that is probably more trouble than you are looking for. Good luck!

OneSharpJoe
Occasional Contributor

Neither of these will work.

My large products range from 2.5 lbs to 7 lbs each. They fit in a large padded envelope. They can also fit with up to 6 small item in the same said envelope. However even the 2.5 lbs one won't allow for 2 of them in the same envelope. Meaning I will need to change the shipment from envelope to box and ship by UPS instead of USPS for rates. 

Also as i'm doing dozens of these manual changes daily and the system doesn't support counting of tags in an order (would have also liked counting of specific SKUs) I've been actively looking and testing other solutions that will be able to handle this problem.

masonfabian
Super User
Super User

Well at the very least I can suggest making some presets to speed that process up. Hopefully this feature can be added to the automation rules.