cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lou1
First-timer (legacy)
There should be an add button to add a new notes and after saving it will automatically pre-populate the user who made the note, the date of the net, and the note itself. This way for companies like us over 30+ users, it will be easier to track who made the note and when. As a user coming from ShipWorks, this is a very organized and useful feature to have.
25 Comments
michela
First-timer (legacy)
Yes @Chris Stuenkel Austin Bazaar - I just checked the Shipworks Demo and the History/Audit function is killer. Just what is needed at ShipStation (but better, b/c ShipStation does everything better!)
mshawn584
First-timer (legacy)
Speaking from my own experience, we have several agents who access Shipstation and tag orders a certain way or add internal notes and on occasion a customer gets miffed when something goes wrong because of a communication problem between our picking teams and our admin team that handles the shipstation notes and customer service. This feature would help us greatly in being able to target which employees need extra training etc. so that we can hold them accountable if they mess up and we can see who dropped the ball
benedict
First-timer (legacy)
Just had another day where we had no notes to refute customer claims of poor service. Time and date stamping lets us create trackable, great customer service. We need this!
design3
First-timer (legacy)
Agree - so strange this is not a feature. So important.
webservices1
First-timer (legacy)
Absolutely required for us too. Currently with a single notes field, people are overwriting each others notes very often. We get complaints that notes just disappeared. People say "I put the notes in there and I saw them, now today they are gone!" When a user types some notes, those need to be absolutely sure to get saved with the order and make it very hard to accidentally overwrite by another user. I can't stress this enough. We only have 4 or 5 users working on orders but complaints about notes not saving or getting lost are a daily thing. We are not obsessive about pressing F5 to refresh the browser and double check notes saved, it's a huge time waste and makes everybody distrust the software is actually working.
benedict
First-timer (legacy)
Dear Shipstation, I'm getting a little cross about the lack of movement on this much needed feature. I've just had two more orders completely botched because vital notes were accidentally deleted by staff. We are looking like a bunch of dufuses. I accept that training of staff is my responsibility, but I want my processes to be foolproof. If us, your customers, are pulling in orders from multiple sources, we need a centralised comment system that is timestamped to be able to control the chaos. I have staff manually typing dates and making mistakes, not bothering to add notes b/c it's all too hard and everybody ASKING ME TOO MANY QUESTIONS!!! If we had this timestamped note system, and could get it added to your Zapier integration, I get excited about all the apps I could post notes from about progress on jobs! Think about it people. THIS WOULD BE AWESOME!!! Imagine a world where staff around the world are accountable for their actions, where customers are given accurate information ALL THE TIME, where delivery instructions are honoured, where payment info from other apps can be captured, where inventory arrival notes that jobs are waiting can be captured, where all customers are created equal! It sounds like a world I want to be a part of. And as the controller of this world, Shipstation, this make you some kind of a God. So go on, be a benevolent entity and give us our timestamped comments!!
chaimgratt6
First-timer (legacy)
Agree
marc5
Occasional Contributor
Shame nothing ever happened with this. Timestamped notes would help solve a lot of our problems.
info462
First-timer (legacy)
Hi - Was this released?
elewis
First-timer (legacy)
We have several users. We need to be able to make sure notes are not accidentally deleted or changed by users.