cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sales655
First-timer (legacy)
Ability to Scan and Verify the UPC code of the product get shipped for the individual order. So, this will eliminate the WRONG item being shipped and Wrong Quantity being shipped. Also "Ship Order" button activates only when the right product(s) is scanned and right quantity is scanned for the order. Products that does not come with UPC may be shipped by manually entering item SKU in the barcode scan field.
195 Comments
j_biz
First-timer (legacy)
This is also a feature we're looking for. More comments might help to raise this feature's priority.
chiman_lee
First-timer (legacy)
You can create a customer packing slip with scanable upc code to verify unit. we do that for our custom sku number. We also have a custom inventory system. If your insterested let me know Chiman leetec@gmail.com
chiman_lee
First-timer (legacy)
Here's what we have, we have a custom program to scan unique sku numbers or barcodes into location. This skus or barcodes are then pulled using packing slips from shipstation. No more excel headache and expensive inventory software. And on top of it all you can scan unique barcode into inventory versus a fixed skus like everyone else.
j_biz
First-timer (legacy)
'@chiman, I'm interested in learning more about your custom solution. Can you give me more details? Thanks in advance
chiman_lee
First-timer (legacy)
So most inventory management software out there is for identical SKUs and update quantity. This system is totally different, where you can add unique skus without the hassle of inputting all the item details. Just a simple sku number with item location. Then a method to remove this sku from location.
chiman_lee
First-timer (legacy)
If your selling unique items on ebay and amazon this unique sku method may work for you.
va_kisers
First-timer (legacy)
I was looking for a solution similar to what has been described here to help with accuracy and inventory. I started using the Groovepacker beta a couple months ago and it's quite good. It's pretty straight forward, nothing too fancy, focusing just on inventory and QC scanning for packing. Not a replacement for an order manager but the barcode scan-to-verify is well thought out. I don't know that it would work for all situations but it was easy for us to implement. I'm using shipstation, magento and selling on ebay and amazon. I print my packing slips with Shipstation and import the orders into GP each day from Magento and Ebay just prior to shipping. The order number is scanned from the packing slip which opens the order in GP. Each item is scanned and packed and I'm prompted for a tracking number. I run the shipping label from ShipStation and copy and past the tracking number back into GP where it's saved. It was a real treat to see shipping errors virtually stop. Since we've begun using it we've gone from roughly 2 errors a day to 2 errors total - meaning since starting two months ago we've had a total of 2 errors. So far so good. Needless to say it was worth barcoding the skus that we didn't already have barcodes on. The beta is free but it's invite only, you can submit a form on their site to apply. google "groovepacker beta barcode"
info854
First-timer (legacy)
This feature is what we have been looking for. It could be implemented very simply, imo and this is how it could work: Have the option to make the SKU on the invoice a barcode or show both. Have the ability to enter a "Receiving Mode" to input the quantity of the product received either manually in a computer or by scanning the barcode of the product and enter the inventory. Then, when an item is picked, simply scan the barcode on the invoice with a confirmation "beep" or green light and the item is deducted from your inventory. In addition, having a double scan is ideal where you scan the invoice barcode for item ABC and then scan a shelf tag or the UPC code on the item to verify it is ABC. If you scan the invoice barcode item ABC and you then scan shelf code or item UPC of item XYZ you get a "bonk" sound and red light showing this is the incorrect item. If we had this feature, we would be set to go at our company!
mnallin
First-timer (legacy)
We signed up to use Groovepack in beta as well. It is very simple to use and worth looking into.
sales505
First-timer
Groovepacker might be an option, but it will be at an additional cost. The necessary data is already in ShipStation (in most cases), all it would require is the interface. I really hope this gets moved into development.