cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sales655
First-timer (legacy)
Ability to Scan and Verify the UPC code of the product get shipped for the individual order. So, this will eliminate the WRONG item being shipped and Wrong Quantity being shipped. Also "Ship Order" button activates only when the right product(s) is scanned and right quantity is scanned for the order. Products that does not come with UPC may be shipped by manually entering item SKU in the barcode scan field.
195 Comments
blowe
First-timer (legacy)
Any update on this?
AnthonyC
First-timer (legacy)
Any update on this?
customerservi63
First-timer (legacy)
I'd bet that since the Stamps.com buyout they have canceled this. Stamps.com sucks and doesn't care about actually making a useful product that people want.
Shawn_morris
First-timer (legacy)
Definitely a feature that I want to see built as well. I contacted support about it and they seem to still be working on it (their response below). "Our developers are still working on that feature. One of the goals for ShipStation is to move steadily into basic inventory management, and we hope to be releasing several new features for inventory in the coming months, including a feature to scan barcodes to verify the products. These features are still in development, and we don’t have an ETA quite yet, but this is certainly one of the feature which we hope to be releasing for our users."
brandonros1
First-timer (legacy)
We've been using SKULabs to check orders for our three stores. It was built around the concept of scanning item barcodes to ensure order accuracy. They have a bunch of ecommerce integrations, and you can check orders one by one or in guided batches. They also offer their own shipping label functionality, but that's optional if you want to stick with Shipstation.
lellis
First-timer (legacy)
Just simply being able to scan an item's UPC and search for orders that contain that item would be very helpful. The field is available on each product, but it's unsearchable, rendering it completely useless.
mika1
First-timer (legacy)
While I'm sure a lot is being worked on, I don't agree with the points of it being a "strange workflow" and/or "low positive impact". We pack and print a shipping label for all of our orders at the same stations. ShipStation already has a field for UPC. All we would want to happen is to add a logic that would require that each barcode in the order be scanned out or manually checked off before allowing a shipping label to be printed (or at least a warning saying "hey this order has not yet been checked/packed, are you SURE you want to ship it?"). The solution now is to use an entirely separate 3rd party system which doesn't even completely prevent you from just going right into ShipStation and sending the order out. Going to barcodes reduced our error rate into less than 1 per 1000, so it was disappointing to find that ShipStation lacked this functionality.
joe34
First-timer (legacy)
Mika, I had the same issue for shipstation for 3 years as of this Christmas. I use javascript to verify against upc and qty then iabol's api to return delivery time and cost and eventually a label. I choose the best method for delivery based on when the customer would like to receive it, 1,2,3, Ground or Economy. Most of the time, 1 and 2 day shipping can be sent ground and we save money and still getting it to the customer on their desired transit time. I would drop my homegrown solution if shipstation could verify by UPC/item# (some items don't have upc), show delivery times, sort by predefined delivery type which defines the transit time then sort that by cost (so the cheapest can be chosen). Its what the enterprise shipping software companies do, and it's what I did. I'm not sure why SS has so much trouble with these next level options unless they are being financed by an enterprise shipping software company and are only providing a solution for the niche small business market until they graduate to the next level and steeper fee.
mohndushy
First-timer (legacy)
Why would you consider this feature as "low positive impact"? This feature is extremely important in the shipping process. It is #2 voted feature on SS for over 3 years for god's sake.
nick52
First-timer (legacy)
Agreed with Ma.. Ship.. we totally get you want to roll out some WMS features for the long term strategy "I personally don't think that is a good idea", but anyways, if you could just add this simple item you would greatly improve your product to so many people. Why do the high up's (CIO,CEO) whom ever not see the low effort large reward here? Who is running the ship here. I could have a couple programmers knock this out in a weekend and i'm not kidding.