cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sales655
First-timer (legacy)
Ability to Scan and Verify the UPC code of the product get shipped for the individual order. So, this will eliminate the WRONG item being shipped and Wrong Quantity being shipped. Also "Ship Order" button activates only when the right product(s) is scanned and right quantity is scanned for the order. Products that does not come with UPC may be shipped by manually entering item SKU in the barcode scan field.
195 Comments
steve39
First-timer (legacy)
This is the #1 feature that we would wish was implemented. Totally agree with what Chad has to say here.
chase2
First-timer (legacy)
This would be awesome, especially when tided into inventory management. You can scan the UPC as it comes in to increase inventory automatically and then you can scan it as it goes out. i would also like the ability to scan SNs as well. We have to track serial numbers and currently that is not possible through SS.
andrew44
First-timer (legacy)
This is literally the only thing i think is missing for me with shipstation. I love shipstation. I even recommend it to anyone i know that has any kind of ecommerce business. But this is the biggest downfall for now
mw
New Contributor
of course it should be possible to activate and deactivate it. but in general having those function would have leave more happy customer and some co worker would still have his work, so totally behind the idea of scan check!
otomix7
First-timer (legacy)
I have been using this feature since 1994 and could not operate without it! I found about 2 to 3% human errors without it. Those are very costly mistakes.
eliaswakefield
First-timer (legacy)
The ability to scan a unique identifier (UPC, EAN, ISBN) within an order in ship station to quality Contorl/Pass an order. Right now you can bring up an order by scanning the order ID but there is no way to QC. When the order is scanned, if there was a way to scan each UPC that is supposed to be that given order and if a wrong product is scanned then it kicks out an error message, if a product is missed it has a status of "incomplete" if the order is successfully scanned in the status of "completed" The idea would be for further quality control within Ship Station instead of needing a 3rd party software or other shipping softwares.
philip3
First-timer (legacy)
Absolutely. We are currently paying $500 a month for SkuVault, primarily so that we have access to this feature.
philip3
First-timer (legacy)
We scan our order barcode from the packing slip to bring up the order. We would want to scan to verify right after we scan the barcode. Ideally, there would be a audio/visual confirmation when the order was completely scanned and ready to print. Ideally, the scan to verify would take into consideration bundle/kit skus, and require that all items in the bundle/kit be scanned individually. Some items are not able to be scanned, so we also need the ability to manually enter the sku, or select and confirm. We are a current ShipStation customer, and we are actively looking for a shipping software that has this solution, (and integrates with DHL Global Mail/DHL SmartMail, and Channel Advisor). If ShipStation adds this solution, we will likely not move our business elsewhere. This is an absolute necessity!
va_kisers
First-timer (legacy)
If you're just looking to eliminate packing errors by scanning items as they are packed you can do so with GroovePacker. Kits/Bundles are supported and it pulls orders from ShipStation with multiple workflow options. An audible buzzer and a big red X make it obvious to the packer (and everyone in the vicinity) that an incorrect item was scanned. 🙂
nick52
First-timer (legacy)
ShipStation, I must just not understand how complicated web-based software development is... It seems like SpaceX can literally build a spaceship faster than you guys to add features to your product. Don't know who is running your IT department but they need to get their head examined.