cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plpepe
Occasional Contributor

In the update notes for the new version, ShipStation says this about the "split and combine shipments improvements":

This new process also more accurately represents what our merchants are actually doing. You are either fulfilling items from a single order separately, or you are fulfilling items from separate orders together.

Not sure where you got your information from but that is definitely NOT what I need to use the split order feature for. How about orders that need to be split because we can not fulfill the entire order?? How are we to accomplish that? There is no ability to edit the invoice even if we use the split shipment feature and cancel the other part of the shipment.

Removing functionality is not a good thing!

13 Comments
Alchemist
New Contributor

I 100% agree.  This was not broken and this is causing a lot more work.  Again, who asked us whether we used this feature?  We literally put in place products and shipping methods (2 USPS Medium Flat rate boxes) because of this functionality.  PUT IT BACK.  Don't fix what isn't broken.

spiritpieces
Occasional Contributor

Agreed, this new way of doing things is not how we operate.

Occasional Contributor

I agree!  Our company is slowly moving over to the new version and I'm scrambling trying to figure out how to manage this.  It is also an issue that we can't put any item information on a split order, and break up the tax and shipping like we could in the older version.  This is definitely a step back.

solutionsgem
New Contributor

Agreed. Shipstation just made me switch to the layout. I waited for as long as I could due to this issue about the order splitting with the USPS Labels. Now I have to print one label and go back to the same order afterwards to print the second to third USPS label. With the order layout, we would juts click on the split order and printer another label at the same time.

Now you either have to create a new order manually or print one label and go back to the same transaction to print another one. 

If you use FedEx, UPS or DHL, you can just click on the + button and print as many additional labels as you want.

It should be that easy to print another label within the same order to split the order in more than one label.

Please allow us to either copy an identical order to print another label or allow us to print more than one USPS label at the same time. 

solutionsgem
New Contributor

I was able to switch to the old layout by providing feedback. I do now know how long they will allow me to use the old layout. 

Marcos_DCT
New Contributor

You guys are breaking things that have no issues and not fixing real issues, like being able to print out return labels.

milan
Occasional Contributor

Yeah and about assigning the order to a supplier without showing the entire content of your order. This is a mess. We need the old functionality back.

EricR
New Contributor

Being able to see multiple tracking numbers is a plus, but that's the only good thing I have seen with the new layout. Where did split order go? Why take away a good feature?

I also agree that you're making things worse with the new layout.

TheMangoFactory
Occasional Contributor

ShipStation you need to listen to the business owners whose businesses are suffering because of taking away the Split function. Put it back immediately or allow us to use Legacy Version.

spiritpieces
Occasional Contributor

@TheMangoFactory Did you try reverting to the v2 theme?