cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
jose_sepulveda
First-timer (legacy)
It would be nice if we could split multiple orders simultaneously. We usually deal with 10k + orders that we have to split. It takes up a lot of time to split these orders especially since my team is small. This would speed up our process.
31 Comments
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
In my case, there are times that I will get an order for 15 items that need to ship in separate large flat rate boxes. So that's 14 separate split operations with the current split function. Customer is in zone 8, so it makes sense to ship separately. But there are times that sell 2 or three, to a local zone, and don't want them split since we can UPS them in one box. Everybody has a different use case, I know. So while a product-level setting for "This always ships by itself" might be useful, I would still want to be able to do splits based on more than on attribute in the rules. (If zone > 6) AND ...etc etc While you can split an order into two, and then take the order that has multiple items and split it again, you have to keep initiating new splits on one of the orders. -- I think the original request was to be able to have a way to say "Split order" and then from that one window, create three or more orders. Here is an example I run into very often: A customer orders 15 of something. Each one has to ship separately, via Priority Mail. So I have to take 1 order for 15 x item, and I have to split it into 15 orders with 1 x the item. Think about the work involved, when you have to "Split Order" 14 separate times to get it down to 1 item per shipment with 15 shipments. 15x 14x 1x 13x 1x 1x 12x 1x 1x 1x ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 2x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x
betterplace
New Contributor
This sounds like a feature I really can use. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Anyway, to reduce the manual repetitiveness of an operation like this would be welcome. When that customer orders a large number of items that all have to ship in separate large flat rate boxes, or you have an order that has to be shipped in 3-4 boxes using different methods... You don't want to have to split off items, then go back to the original to split off more, and then go back to the original to split off yet more. Thanks for bringing this idea back to the foreground.
jose_sepulveda
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, it would be a great option to have if we could do a mass split of 550+ orders simultaneously in one click, that would be great. It would save us some time. We usually ship things out separately based on the box dimension / product line
thinkvacs
First-timer (legacy)
This needs to happen. This should be based on product attribute, that is selected by customer. Either viia produc toption imported via store, or product cloned into SS and attribute assigned to. Ie. Product is dropshipped only? or product is oversized. Either use case would trigger the orders with that item on it, to spit the items matching the use case to the new 'split' order. This I can see as a very useful feature that would save a ton of time for everyone.
orderonline
First-timer (legacy)
yes bump this
shipping_usa1
First-timer (legacy)
I would like to have the ability to mass split orders by product sku. Say for instance your logistics warehouse is currently out of stock of 1 item, and you know it will be two weeks until they they get more stock. Orders with this sku on it can be mass split, so the customer can receive all the in stock products quickly, and then get the out of stock (split) order when it arrives.
sshoults
First-timer (legacy)
Yes please! We have a huge fourth quarter business and every item has to be shipped separately however we have to go in and manual split ever single order that has more than one package. This was a full time job and we had to hire a full time person to maintain JUST SPLITTING PACKAGES!!! AHh! Please fix!!!
kristin2
First-timer (legacy)
Want to be able to split orders based on product tags automatically as they are imported. Should not have to wait until a human is available to do the splitting. Not everyone on our account has access to see all orders so often someone is waiting for the west coast to wake up and split their orders for fulfillment.
elimadent
First-timer (legacy)
I want the ability to have the orders auto split based upon items marked as dropshipping. This can be done by a using product sku, product tag, product vendor ect.... We will get orders that has items we carry on hand and items we have drop shipped directly from manufacturer. We currently only use 2 drop shipers but would save a step if we could have the order divide on hand items and drop ship items. So if we had 5 items ordered and 3 of those were carried on hand, 1 was dropshipper A and 1 Dropshipper B it would split into 3 separate invoices. A step further would be to have it send email to the dropshipper after the invoice is split. Final step further to have full automation would be to have a static web link for each dropshipper that they can log into and enter the tracking number when they ship the order. This would allow them to track open orders and update it as shipped when they enter tracking which also saves you a step because when they send tracking it should update on your end and update ecommerce platform. Having the ability to add notes within that portal would be good as well. For example if there is going to be a delay on the shipment the dropshipper can add a note to one of the orders in the vendor portal that would notify you so you can then notify customer.
Robyn
First-timer (legacy)
We are looking to use ShipStation and also have multiple dropshippers for some orders based on product SKU. Does each order need to be manually split? Is this the only way to handle this scenario in ShipStation?