cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caesar
First-timer (legacy)
We have a few websites that sell products to wholesalers. For example we will sell a case of a single SKU. Each case has 12 units. It would be nice if SS could allow us to setup virtual bundles that deducted multiple units of a single SKU.
200 Comments
mikemai2004
First-timer (legacy)
does anyone know any inventory management system can do that? I need a service that can do that know?
jr_johnson
First-timer
I wish I could vote for this a billion times.
sturgismidwest
First-timer (legacy)
A product SKU in ShipStation needs the ability to be marked as a 'Kit' (same as an item can be a Parent or Variant) and by being a 'Kit', it knows it's maximum inventory quantity is that of the lowest-stocked component, and if any of the Kits pieces are 0, the kit itself can't be made of course and will drop to zero as well. We ship patch sets, seat pads, amongst a few other things, and when we want to fulfill two different types of a seat or patch, that get sold as a set, we are just working around it painstakingly.
jim21
First-timer (legacy)
Has there been any update on this? This would be a great feature!
robertpatton
First-timer (legacy)
Same desire for this to be implemented. All you have to do is create one more step during the process of combining a group of SKUs. The option could be called a "quantity" combination, combining two or more SKUs would have the option to assign an integer to the children SKUs. Thus to sync your 2/3/4/5/n packs to your singles, you would combine the SKUs and assign an integer to the each of the children SKUs as it relates to the parent. Thus the system will know to multiply the sale by the integer provided by the merchant, deducting the proper amount from the inventory.
info677
First-timer
I have seen this option on other platforms where it is functional and working really good with the inventory and all other market places. The platform is seller cloud. we can give the shippers the ability to use the marketplace identifier and build a parent product that has the children under it which are the individual inventory items which can be sold separately as well. i believe shipstation has already developed such concept where you can have a parent product and the children already, the simple change would be the ability to link to the inventory as well as being able to link to the marketplace product identifier.
info689
First-timer (legacy)
Is it possible to combine products or have something similar to the parent SKU where the system knows if a product is purchased in a quantity of 50 and we only carry it in a pack of 25, to remove 2 packs of 25?
phillip1
First-timer
Yes, this is very crucial to many businesses and I too believe that this would allow better inventory management.
route415
First-timer (legacy)
Should be really easy...same as "masking a sku" .... create a new sku with the product bundle, then add the inventory item to the sku to deduct. So, if there are 3 items, it will deduct all 3 from that one master sku. We really need this function as 30% of our products are bundles.
viktor
Occasional Contributor
Seconded! All of my votes are used up, though this is a close second in terms of priority. Very crucial to inventory management.