cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amir
First-timer (legacy)
We sell items by weight, so when someone purchase 1.25 lbs it shows up as a quantity of 1.25. Shipstation rounds this up to a quantity of 2 which makes all our packing slips and international shipping labels incorrect. When a person purchases 1.25 lbs at $80 for instance their international shipping label should show they spent $100 but instead Shipstation rounds it up to $160. This is inaccurate and they will then possibly be liable for duties on something they didn't buy. I don't understand why you wouldn't allow decimal points in the quantities. If you did this it would make all our reporting in Shipstation accurate and usable, instead it's inflated and unusable. Please do this soon so we don't have to look for an alternative shipping solution.
17 Comments
info910
First-timer (legacy)
Magento allows decimals for products, but when importing into ShipStation instead of 1/4 of 0.25 it will round up to 1 for the quantity. This will throw off the weight as well. Some of our products include snacks, in which there may be a "4-pack" sampler type but it really is just 1 unit, where we can split the product.
orders172
First-timer (legacy)
All of our products are sold in tenth ounce increments. How hard can it be to use the actual quantities you download from the order details instead of rounding UP to the nearest full unit. This affects package weights, insurance calculations and reports.
orders171
First-timer (legacy)
I sell fabric in partial quantities. For example 1/2 yard would be imported as a .5 quantity. ShipStation shows a .5 quantity as zero with a zero cost. Oh so not good. I would like this feature too.
jon29
First-timer (legacy)
We prefer to decimalise all weight numbers rather than use oz. Is this possible?
nicole17
First-timer (legacy)
Any updates on this? We also sell fabric by quarter yard increments and would like to have the correct decimal quantities in ShipStation.
orders172
First-timer (legacy)
I gonna guess that since it has been over a year and a half, that absolutely NOTHING is planned, nor being done. I don't understand why the quantities downloaded from the shopping cart order/invoice cannot be used. It must be akin to "RocketScience" in the terms of difficulty to implement.
orders171
First-timer (legacy)
So what's the latest with this feature request? The Quickbooks accounting integration is off too. The the quantity and price have to be manually adjusted in Quickbooks. The packing slip generated in ShipStation cannot be used either, so I have to go to the store platform to print an accurate packing slip.
rachel4
First-timer (legacy)
I just learned that ShipStation cannot handle decimal points in quantities -- in our case, an order with a decimal point stops ALL orders from importing into ShipStation. When looking at shipping programs, it never crossed our minds that such an issue would exist, and if we had known about it, I'm fairly certain that would have altered our decision to go with ShipStation. We sell partial cases to some customers, so instead of a quantity of 1 (meaning a full case of, say, 10 gizmos), we enter a quantity of 0.5 (meaning the customer is shipped 5 gizmos). Now that we know ShipStation doesn't handle partial quantities, we will likely have to create multiple new SKUs that will clutter up our system just so we can work around the decimal issue. I am completely baffled that ShipStation doesn't allow decimal points, and cannot stress how much we need this capability.
viktor
Occasional Contributor
Would love to see this, though given that they're yet to implement decimals into adjusted weights through automations, this'll likely also take them 4-5 years.
orders103
First-timer (legacy)
We've been using ShipStation happily for 5 years and now have to cancel because of this requirement. I am sad.