cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howard
First-timer (legacy)
We have a company store that sells to the world market. Countries in Asia (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) use 2-byte, non-Roman, unicode characters in their names and addresses. These address will have last characters filtered or altered when printed. It is annoying and risky to loss, not able to print them properly. As more and more companies sells internationally, it is good to prepare ShipStation ready for world markets.
30 Comments
steveo
Occasional Contributor
This idea should be merged with "Support for common foreign characters".
steveo
Occasional Contributor
This has been under review for nine months. Isn't it time to move forward with this bug?
jeremy14
First-timer (legacy)
Any update on this? we have trouble with exporting line items and it not exporting tildes and Chinese characters
crystalcalica
First-timer (legacy)
When I was using the USPS or Stamps website for shipping, I was able to print western (Chinese) characters along side the English address. So I don't fully understand anyone saying that it is because of a Postal regulation.
jimmy4
First-timer (legacy)
We need to create labels with Japanese Kanji characters using DHL E-commerce and eventually FedEx. Currently ShipStation does not support these characters with their carrier integrations. DHL and FedEx support these characters through their APIs. EasyPost, Shippo, and ShipHawk all support these characters through their integrations. Is supporting this feature being actively worked on? If not, I will need to move my company to a new shipping solution.
peteradams
First-timer (legacy)
I agree some sort of support for foreign character is essential for any business that sends international packages. Replacing foreign characters with ? is not acceptable. If it is necessary to replace foreign characters for some carriers this should be an optional toggle in shipstation, not done automatically on import.
sam17
First-timer (legacy)
So we use ZPL for our labels instead of the PDF option. We have the same problem with the ???. Generally, this would cause me to suspect that we need to install the appropriate font pack. However, if this is also happening with PDF labels then the issue is on SS Side. I'm only assuming they produce all the labels into ZPL then generate the PDF or Push the ZPL to customers like us that want it that way. Either way, getting this fixed would be super helpful. Having the shipping labels reflect the customers information when they enter it along side english in their own language helps to ensure faster, accurate deliveries with less returns.
blaxalot
First-timer (legacy)
I'm commenting on this, as shipstation used to print cyrillic characters just fine. When we first signed up, there was no issue with replacing non-latin letters with ??? This is very disruptive and it would be great if shipstation would revert to its original handling of these, which was flawless.
yann
First-timer (legacy)
Hello there, we are in Canada, have the same issue but only with Purolator , not Canada Post
lopez
Occasional Contributor
I ship only domestic orders but 90% of my customers are Latino/Hispanic and many have names with the Latin characters (á, é, í, ó, ú, ñ) and it looks really bad on my company not been able to print their names correctly. I have printed labels with all kind of services and ShopStatin is the only one not supporting this. The only reason I still use ShipStation is because of the mobile app.