cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fulfillment1
First-timer (legacy)
ShipStation needs to be able to allow to print customs forms, like the commercial invoice WHEN we don't purchase a shipment via ship station For international shipments that are 3rd party drop-shipped. We still need to provide a commercial invoice, but ShipStation requires us to purchase a label before the Commerical Invoice is created and printed. So to deliver a commercial invoice, we have to do alot of extra work that is risky. Example order: 90-5518 this is an order being shipped to The Netherlands. it is being dropshipped by the manufacturer. We need to produce and email the commercial invoice to our 3rd party dropshipper. BUT since I cannot figure out how to print a commercial invoice for it without paying for a label... you will also see a paid shipping lable on it, and subsequently cancelled. this is the only way I can figure out how to get a commercical invoice printed. is to 1) buy a label 2) print the commercial invoice 3) cancel the label.
5 Comments
Fulfillment1
First-timer (legacy)
ShipStation needs to be able to allow to print customs forms, like the commercial invoice WHEN we don't purchase a shipment via ship station For international shipments that are 3rd party drop-shipped. We still need to provide a commercial invoice, but ShipStation requires us to purchase a label before the Commerical Invoice is created and printed. So to deliver a commercial invoice, we have to do alot of extra work that is risky. Example order: 90-5518 this is an order being shipped to The Netherlands. it is being dropshipped by the manufacturer. We need to produce and email the commercial invoice to our 3rd party dropshipper. BUT since I cannot figure out how to print a commercial invoice for it without paying for a label... you will also see a paid shipping lable on it, and subsequently cancelled. this is the only way I can figure out how to get a commercical invoice printed. is to 1) buy a label 2) print the commercial invoice 3) cancel the label.
Fulfillment1
First-timer (legacy)
Status changed to: No status

tamitag
First-timer
I need this too! Tthe company I use to ship my skid size orders is not available through shipstation, so I have to use a whole separate company just to process the customs forms. Very annoying because I have to enter in all the information twice - once in shipstation and once in the other software.
Matt_Jackson1
First-timer
This is an important feature.  The present process really is a procedureal bug, defective by design.

The issue is that for any shipment purchased outside of Ship Station (for example LTL freight shipments going to Canada, or anywhere outside US)...

Shipstation cannot print any customs documents for this scenerio. 
And because of this, leaves us with no means of producing customs documents.