cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you copy an Automation Rule to create a new one?

GSC
Occasional Contributor

Can you copy an Automation Rule to create a new one?

We set up a lot of automation rules to Tag and set the Ship From Location by State by Sku depending on the Location our inventory is available, and which warehouse location is closest to that state (so that we don't have to manually assign every order).  This is painful to set up manually and inventory by SKU availability changes fast.  Being able to copy an Automation Rule to a new Automation Rule would be so useful.  Then I could keep inactive Rules with the State assignments and copy them just changing the SKU.   Maybe this already exists and I'm unaware?  Can you copy an Automation Rule to create a new one?

4 REPLIES 4

Hey there @GSC

Thank you for taking the time to post in the community. We are thrilled to have you with us! 

While this type of copy action is not currently available, I absolutely see the desire for this type of feature! Please feel free to vote/comment in our feedback forum on the existing post for Copy Automation Rules to help bring attention to this specific feature request! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Hello there!

I am thrilled to announce that we can now COPY automation rules! From the three dot options at the end of the row of each rule, you will see that COPY is now one of those options! 

Happy shipping!

This is just the feature I need, but after going through the process of building a dozen different rules, I checked them and it turns out that there's only one rule repeated 12 times, albeit with different names.
What am I doing wrong?

Hey there @RedRon

Without watching your process directly, I can't be 100% sure. To my knowledge, the rules are duplicated entirely, then you would want to go back to that newly created rule and select EDIT so that you could make your minor changes to the duplicate rule. 

If you are doing so, but seeing that the adjustments made are not "sticking" on the new rule, I would certainly recommend reaching out to our support department directly so that we can investigate directly in your account 🙂 

I hope this helps!