cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual label not associated with an order

jlgroff
New Contributor

How can I create  a manual label not associated with an order? 

5 REPLIES 5

Hey there @jlgroff

You can create a label without an order by using the Rate Calculator tool at the top of the page. You can review that process in this Knowledge Base article

I hope this helps! 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Thanks for the reply.  I had tried that but it gives me an Invalid Shipper Name error.  My "store" is properly set up and I never get that issue when printing labels from orders that come through the API, or orders I manually create.

Howdy @jlgroff,

Thank you for getting back to me about this. I'm sorry to hear this was not a solution for you. When you see "Invalid Shipper Name", usually this is referring to the Ship From Location missing the "Company Name" field. 

On the imported orders directly, this can be established by the stores information, but when you are creating a label without the being associated to an order, all of that info must come from the Ship From Location specifically. 

If you fill in the corresponding "company name" field in the Ship From Location and continue to see this behavior, please reach out to our support team directly so that our team can troubleshoot with you.

I hope this helps 🙂 

My company name is showing in the Ship From Location.  Still giving me the error.  I can't find how to log a support case (sorry!)

Hi @jlgroff

I'm sorry to hear you're still getting that error message. You can reach out to support via chat widget or email (support@shipstation.com). I definitely want to make sure that you can reach support when you need to! This article will review how to reach out to an agent via the chat widget. 

As a heads up, you'll have the automated assistant recommend some help articles prior to being presented with a live agent. 

I hope this helps!