cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Piling on on the new layout - not designed for me

ssskeptic
New Contributor

I know it's traditional to hate a new interface - it's just human nature I guess.

But I have to speak up on this latest because it's reduced my efficiency. Previous version was more compact and grouped things I actually used within easy reach. Now ? Wasted space, more clicks. Maybe this layout is great for shippers with a different business, but it's a downgrade for us.Two thirds of the details screen are showing things I don't use.Two thirds of the details screen are showing things I don't use.

6 REPLIES 6

TTT
Occasional Contributor

I agree the new layout it more time consuming!

mikemccabe
First-timer

It's a downgrade for us as well, but for additional reasons. I'm no longer able to see who the purchaser is, only the recipient. This means we're not able to determine if we're dealing with a gift (i.e. purchaser different than recipient) or someone ordering for themselves (purchaser = recipient).

Where was the customer requirements gathering for this 'upgrade'?

shannon3
New Contributor

The new layout definitely does not work for our shipping team. Our team uses tags frequently and now the tags take extra clicking and fewer can be seen without having to scroll.   Same for the shipping services. We now have to scroll to see all the services. This causes more errors and more time. Also, the quantity used to be a bright red number when it was more than 1. Now it doesn't stand out.  

I really wish the Order Summary could be at the top again. It is not natural for your eyes to have to go left to right and then up and down. Before you only had to scan up and down which felt very natural. 

My shipping team really hates it. I'm looking at other options now. 

brendan1
Contributor

Another big fail by the SS UX/UI team.

This new update has added time to many of our processes. For one, when printing individual labels/packing slips, the 'Printing' notification pops up on top of the action buttons requiring you to either wait, or click to close it. Again, more steps, more time, more waste. I really don't know how all of these changes make it through... 

AfterHrs
Occasional Contributor

I completely agree. I NEVER have multiple shipments to deal with.
Can we please have the option (Like my Etsy marketplace does)
To use the older version as an option?

AfterHrs
Occasional Contributor

Please give us the option to opt out of this version and use the previous more streamlined version
that was more compact and made so much more sense!