cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGENT] Update Payment Method Error

CP2710
First-timer

I have had my account automatically add funds whenever the balance got below a certain amount.

But when I go to fulfill/print orders today, my balance was way under the limit I set it for. So I go to add more funds manually, and it gives me an error and says something about updating the payment method.

I go to update the payment method and it just keeps saying an unexpected error has occurred.

I've looked all over shipstation for an answer to this an can't find one. I try to find the chat widget to get in contact with shipstation about this and haven't been able to do so.

Please advise. Need help with this quickly.

3 REPLIES 3

Hello there @CP2710

If you have having an "unexpected error has occurred" message populate when attempting to update the payment method, a few things may be the root of the behavior. You may be experiencing a block from the bank/financial institution during the attempted transaction that needs to be settled with that entity directly, or any of the the card information/numbers may be entered incorrectly and needs to be fixed. These are crucial steps to double check if you have not done so already. 

We absolutely want to be of service so that you can continue to ship out like normal. The chat widget to reach support for plans over can be found by Starting at your top right corner, clicking the ? button next to settings > Click 'Get Help' > This will navigate to a new tab on the browser with a green chat icon in the lower right hand corner > You'll be prompted for a few questions to see if our automated system can find you a solution in our vast knowledge base of articles, and if not, you will be sent to a live agent to chat with. As a heads up, if you close that new help window, the chat will close too so its important to keep that open even during the troubleshooting with the agent. 

I hope this helps, and Happy Shipping! 🙂

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Remustonks
First-timer

Why cant we use paypal? or a regular Visa Debit? or prepaid credit card?

Hello @Remustonks

Thanks for reaching out and for being a part of our community. 

At this time ShipStation Canada currently accepts subscription payments by credit card only. Payments by check, PayPal, or via bank transfer are not available payment methods. This is just the way we are able to accept payment at this time. 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager