cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting data from Shipstation on Standalone Product Details page, "description"

minkia38
Occasional Contributor

Hello ,I am trying how to find out how to download import/export some data from shipstation.

On the Standalone Product Details page
under attributes, there is a field that says "description"
we use that field for our item bin location

I want to find a way to download a list of all our products, and this description field.

I would love to be able to import it as well once i can update them in Excel

4 REPLIES 4

PT_Shipping
Contributor

Hey minkia38!

I use make.com to pull various data from the API, I was able to list all my products and the record includes the description. In my screenshot they call it "Internal Notes"Screenshot 2023-06-20 135457.jpg

From here you can build a scenario in make to build a spreadsheet in Google Sheets or Office 365 and get your list of products and descriptions. It also looks like you can update products via the API but I am not messed around with that yet.  Good luck! Screenshot 2023-06-20 135710.jpg

minkia38
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the post, I will research it, and hopefully I can get it to work, thanks! 

PT_Shipping
Contributor

Oh heres a good shipstation article on importing new products via CSV https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026158091-Add-Product-Records#UUID-a45afac9-1b33-f...

JakeM
Contributor

Also not mentioned yet--shipstation allows you create and save export formats, so you can choose whichever attributes you wish; you are not limited to the columns it displays by default.