cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
me1
First-timer (legacy)
The ShipStation API has a "Get Rates" endpoint that allows a consumer to retrieve rates for carrier shipping services, much like the Rate Calculator in the web interface (except the API requires you to specify the carrier). In the response, the call returns the following fields: - serviceName (FedEx First Overnight) - serviceCode (fedex_first_overnight) - shipmentCost (87.8) - otherCost (2.63) In the web interface, it also returns Package (which I'm not too concerned about) and Delivery Time ("7 days," "3 days," etc). It would help me tremendously to have the API report the Delivery Time for each rate quote, which is already presented in the web. I am implementing a Delivery Time Estimate in my online store based on this information and my order handling time, and without this information, I may have to implement API calls to the shipping service and avoid using ShipStation's API.
16 Comments
tipuho
First-timer (legacy)
I am running into the same issue. Does anyone have a solution? I noticed that the API call that Ship Station uses internally actually have the fields. See the link https://imgur.com/a/hW24W If possible please add the Package type field as well. Thanks
media2
First-timer (legacy)
I'm shocked that delivery time isn't available through the API. This is a very helpful bit of information that we want to provide to our customers during checkout as well!
john43
First-timer (legacy)
'+1
wilson_sheldon
First-timer (legacy)
'+1
nate12
First-timer (legacy)
'+1 - exposing the guaranteed delivery time (in the case of UPS) as well as actual delivery time in the API would be a time saver.
alan6
First-timer (legacy)
Is there any update on whether this will be a possibility? We are evaluating shipstation amongst competing products and this feature would make a big difference for our use cases.
nick22
First-timer (legacy)
Reasons why we need this: - On delivery, send notifications (in-app) and trigger events within the customer's experience. - Our support team needs to know if & when a shipment has been delivered, to provide the best customer experience. Digging into shipstation UI is not sufficient. - Data analysis - we want to understand how shipping time & delayed delivery affects customer retention. This analysis cannot be done directly in SS. Delivery information is critical to shipment/fulfillment operations. Why would a SaaS Shipment Service stop short and not include delivery in API?
luke6
First-timer (legacy)
How on earth can we build on top of your API platform if you don't give a main feature of your platform such as delivery times in the API?
josef1
First-timer (legacy)
We need Delivery time so that we can automate selecting Shipping Service for many orders based on delivery time: Our goods are perishable, so shipping within the time window is vital to us
rickc
First-timer (legacy)
I just asked this from Tech Support and they said to come here and make the request/up vote... The last comment here was from over a year ago and the request was opened 3 years ago... I don't think they are ever going to implement this feature. Do yourself a favor and go with a better company, these people do not listen to customers!!!