cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erica4
First-timer (legacy)
Etsy is getting ready to integrate gift wrapping and gift messages into their sales platform. I'm hoping there will be an alert for each order containing this information within ShipStation once it goes into effect. Gift messages are going to be made available to all orders at no charge, so every Etsy seller will have to deal with them whether they want to or not, and I am concerned I'll get a gift message request and not know about it. Ideally, I would also like to see a way to print ONLY gift message packing slips and not every packing slip in a batch, since I don't typically include packing slips with my orders.
114 Comments
hello3
First-timer (legacy)
This would save our team so much time, not having to manually check for gift messages, it is the one reason we don't currently ship with Shipstation.
copperfoxco
First-timer
Well since shipstation is obviously not going to take the very small and easy steps to make this happen. I created an automation using Integromat.com that watches for new orders imported from my Etsy store into shipstation, finds the cooresponding receipt on Etsy, and if it has a gift message it will update the order accordingly. I'm currently having an issue with it creating a entire new order instead of updating the current one, I'm waiting for the tech team at Integromat to look over this and help me fix the issue but I'm very happy about the potential to offer gift messages again to my customers going into the holidays. (shipstation: I'm embarrassed for you that this is still an issue)
contact22
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, PLEASE, shipstation! I really, really need this feature, especially for the holidays.
kgoellne
First-timer (legacy)
How has this still not been changed? It's been 3 years we've been asking for this feature and it has by far the most votes of any suggestion that hasn't had action taken on it. I'm literally begging, PLEASE! So many people use Etsy as a source of income and Shipstation's lack of engagement on this topic is endlessly frustrating!!
adrienne
Occasional Contributor
There's no excuse for them not implementing this after 3 years. Etsy sellers should find a different shipping solution because ShipStation obviously does not care about us.
hello48
First-timer (legacy)
It's such a bummer that this hasn't been fixed yet!
elizabeth4
First-timer
Has anyone asked ShipStation why this hasn't been implemented? Or if they need more votes...what number is needed for action to be taken? I'll open a case tomorry and see what I can shake out of the trees.
visionsprinting
First-timer (legacy)
I can't believe I'm still getting notifications on this. I left SS a long time ago because of this issue. I went to pirateshipdotcom. It's a little less user friendly, and doesn't have some integrations, but they do include etsy gift messages.
elizabeth4
First-timer
So! I looked at the Help section in ShipStation, and it appears ShipStation does have the capability of marking orders as gifts IF the data is sent by the marketplace. I wasn't sure if Etsy had this set up, so I contacted Etsy and opened a case. They are going to work on this and let me know. Will keep everyone advised.
adrienne
Occasional Contributor
It's already been confirmed that Etsy sends the gift data already. ShipStation just hasn't gotten around to updating their end.