cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital / Physical Products

Eawingo
New Contributor

Hi there,

I have a store through Wix where I sell physical and digital products. For example .. we have registration fees sold along side T-shirts. You cannot create two separate stores in Wix so all products have to exist in one store. 

I have several orders coming in to the Shipstation for a "registration fee" that do not require shipping. Is there a way to designate which products from the store are  channeled to the Shipstation? Otherwise, do I just have to sort through which items I need to ship and cancel the rest? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

masonfabian
Super User
Super User

You could set up an automation rule where if the product SKU contains a flag that denotes it as a digital product, it won't import the order. You could also use another indicator like an internal note, but this seems simplest to me!

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 1.00.58 PM.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

masonfabian
Super User
Super User

You could set up an automation rule where if the product SKU contains a flag that denotes it as a digital product, it won't import the order. You could also use another indicator like an internal note, but this seems simplest to me!

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 1.00.58 PM.png

The problem with this is if you have orders that contain BOTH digital products and physical products.

I set up an automation rule to "don't import the order" if the order contains item SKU "digitaltest" (a digital product).

I noticed that if the order ONLY contains item SKU "digitaltest", then the rule works and it doesn't import the order. But if the order contains item SKU "digitaltest" with any other item, say SKU "item_1", then the rule is ignored and it imports the order. On the one hand, this is good because I do need "item_1" SKU to be imported. On the other hand, I want it to NOT import item SKU "digitaltest". I can't find a way to make Shipstation IGNORE certain SKUs (digital products) when they are purchased with other physical products.

What is the best solution for this? I don't want to have to manually go in, split shipment between digital product and physical product, and delete digital product shipment every single time an order like this comes in. There has to be a better solution.

Hi! Were you able to find a solution to this?

Eawingo
New Contributor

Very helpful! Thank you very much