cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request - Buy Amazon Shipping Non-Prime Merchant Fulfilled

sales112
First-timer

I know the current buy shipping api exist for Merchant Fulfilled Prime. However, non-prime MF bus shipping is not available through this interface, through ShipStation.

This impacts my business in a couple of different ways:

If I don't buy shipping from AMZ, and the carrier says the package is delivered, but the Customer says they did not receive it, then I am liable for the refund plus the loss of products and my own costs.

If you buy AMZ shipping, AMZ refunds the Customer and does not charge me for the lost package.

The second impact is to my operational workflow. In order to have the benefits of the liability shift to AMZ, I have to use the Amazon interface to purchase shipping. As a multi-channel seller, I'd rather stay in the excellent ShipStation interface without having to "swivel-chair" to another screen.

Can ShipStation add the ability to purchase non-Prime Merchant Fulfilled AMZ shipping?

28 REPLIES 28

jerry3
Occasional Contributor

Hi sales112,

Our company has asked ShipStation to do this many times. The vibe I get from ShipStation is that the staff and engineers do not care. It should be an easy thing to do since the function already exists. And ShipStation, being one of the biggest leaders in this field, they should want to do it and help the customer. Every time I talk to ShipStation about it, they always say, "Post it in the community, if you get enough votes, we might look into it". Unfortunately, I think ShipStation just does not care enough.

jerry3
Occasional Contributor

It also looks like this request has been around since 2019 in this community with no advancement from ShipStation. I wish people would like this topic more to get some movement on it.

tansales
Contributor

I have also asked numerous times about non-prime MF with no real assistance from Shipstation. 

it is a shame because it is an essential feature to keep me on the platform.

Ms_Sarcastic
Contributor

@jerry3 it's not that they don't care.... they have a MASSIVE financial incentive to not allow us to use Amazon's Buy Shipping. Shipstation is a USPS postage reseller, and most of us just buy postage this way instead of getting our own USPS accounts. What *we* all pay Shipstation for USPS postage is a marked up rate, and Shipstation of course gets a profit. If they allowed us to use Amazon Buy Shipping then that's a no brainer that EVERY Amazon seller would switch, since you'll always get at least the same rates as Shipstation, and sometimes even better. Shipstation would suffer a major profit loss if they allowed us to purchase postage from Amazon instead of from Shipstation. But it's okay, every year there's more and more Shipstation-like players that will slowly wash them out. Yeah it's going to take a while, but one day there will be no reason to use Shipstation anymore.

Here's the complete list of Amazon integrations that DO allow purchasing Amazon Buy Shipping postagehttps://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/GZZPMC9QLNBX48RP - Look under the "Access to Non-Prime" category 😁

Shipper6
Occasional Contributor

We would greatly like to take advantage of the Amazon pricing for shipping for non-primer sellers.  I fully understand that they may not wish to, however to keep shippers who want to still use ShipStation for labels, order management etc, it's imperative that they enable this.  Amazon is not going away, they are big and can provide us with shipping discounts that we cannot negotiation with our own volumes.  ShipStation...please listen, this will save your users a lot of money.  This needs to be a priority. 

JDW
Occasional Contributor

I would like to see this happen.

JosephB
Rookie

This needs to happen now with the Amazon Sponsored shipping discounts.

We are can be saving thousands a week. We are currently looking at other software's as this is massive 

You are not kidding. On average my USPS 1st class 3oz packages are an entire $1 less PER PIECE if shipped with Amazon Buy Shipping sponsored discounts through UPS Ground. That's a huge savings. That's not just peanuts. And it appears about 80-90% of my packages qualify for the discounts 🤯

So are you just missing out on the discounts like me? 

ejacobs
New Contributor

I agree. We have been asking for this for years from SS and don't know why this functionality hasn't been implemented. We are an enterprise level client and would even pay for this to be added for us.

BJ1
Occasional Contributor

Amazon has provided a list of other shipping companies (ShipStation Competitors) that has adopted the API for NON Prime merchants. Why should we stay with ShipStation if another provider can offer us this service? It's sad to think that one of the largest shipping providers won't offer this service. I guess we'll have look into moving over to your competitors.

ejacobs
New Contributor

where is this list?

BJ1
Occasional Contributor

Search  Shipping integrators in Seller Central

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/GZZPMC9QLNBX48RP

ejacobs
New Contributor

Found this on a simple search. thanks for the info though. Has anyone used any of these other integrators? I don't understand why SS is not enabling this simple feature. I would think that the implementation can be done in a day. I would be willing to pay for this to be done just for our account.

Hello there!

I am pleased to announce that we have rolled out the ability to utilize Amazon Buy Shipping for non prime orders. 

If while attempting to utilize this adjustment, you run into any troubles, please reach out to Support in the app directly or via email at support@shipstation.com.

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

JDW
Occasional Contributor

so How do I add this?

BJ1
Occasional Contributor

ejacobs
New Contributor

hallelujah. is there a way to have SS automagically select the lowest priced option and compare our Fedex/UPS ground rates against the Amazon Buy Shipping rates?

JDW
Occasional Contributor

were you able to get yours to work?

ejacobs
New Contributor

yes but only because we had the integration enabled prior for when we used to ship SFP orders through SS. I think you need to contact them to enable it. It does work as expected though. Saving us 60-90 minutes a day. 😁

JDW
Occasional Contributor

I pull all orders over to ship station.  Amazon and 3 other channels.  I added Amazon buy shipping to ship station, but when I try to use it, I just get an error saying that "I have not accepted Amazons Terms and conditions".  I am not sure where to find that.  Or if its just a general error.

ejacobs
New Contributor

yes, i think you need to have Amazon and SS enable the feature. It doesn't come ready to roll out of the box.

JDW
Occasional Contributor

yes, I got it all figured out now.

tansales
Contributor

Hi, 

Under Amazon Buy Shipping, I can see the following carriers and package types:

• RM T24 Letter
  • TM T48 Letter
  • RM T24 Parcel
  • TM T48 Parcel
  • DPD Next Day Expresspak
  • DPD Next Day Expresspak Saturday
  • DPD Next Day Parcel
  • DPD Next Day Parcel Saturday
  • Amazon Shipping Prime Premium
  • Amazon Shipping Economy

My question is in particular for Royal Mail (RM). Is there an option for Large Letters? 

Hi. I have the same here in the UK. It looks like they update US market only... have you tested another integrator? I'm about to change because of VTR and Royal Mail... and only buy shipping can sort that problem. 

Hi, yeah i've tried a few integrators but to be honest, nothing worked as well as Shipstation for me. I find the "Group By" function useful for our operation and cannot find this on any other integrator. 

Regarding the VTR, I was worried at first as we do not get near 95%. However on Amazon guidelines it states the following:

>>

What happens if my shipping service provider fails to scan my packages?

• Speak to your shipping service provider: Try and find a resolution with them. You should also review your labels to ensure you are using the right delivery method and that labels are being printed correctly.
  • Check your tracking/parcel ID: Always make sure you or your integrator provides the correct name of your shipping service provider, the shipping service used, and the tracking or parcel ID. You may receive a Valid Tracking Rate warning as a result of low scan rate. However, we will validate “unscanned” tracking or parcel IDs with the integrated delivery service provider prior to suspending your offers in the affected category. Your offers will not be suspended if you have provided valid IDs, including for all parcels that have not been scanned by the carrier. This includes delivery confirmation only delivery methods (for example, RM 24 / 48 or 1st Class 2nd Class). As mentioned in FAQ 3, postage stamps and other untracked services are not taken into account when measuring your Valid Tracking Rate.
  • Buy Shipping: Consider using Buy Shipping, which allows you to buy shipping labels through the Seller Central interface. With Buy Shipping, the shipping service provider, delivery method and tracking ID are automatically provided by the shipping services provider to Amazon, and all tracking IDs received by Amazon through Buy Shipping are considered valid. In the UK, DPD, Hermes, Amazon Shipping and Royal Mail delivery methods are available through Buy Shipping. You can access Amazon-negotiated rate cards or, for Royal Mail, you can link your accounts to benefit from your own rates. For more details on how to use Buy Shipping, go to Use Buy Shipping services.

>>

As per Amazon guidelines as long as the Royal Mail tracking numbers are legitimate, then it shouldn't affect the VTR

Thanks

Amazon revoked access to my brand because of low VTR and really need to start use bay shipping option to resolve that. 

It would make life so much easier if Amazon could add the product SKU to the labels on Buy Shipping!