cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to select a custom carrier?

sales223
New Contributor

Is there a way to designate something like "Company Truck" or "Local Delivery" as a carrier option when choosing a carrier?
We deliver quite a number of orders ourselves and, while I know I can mark the item(s) as delivered, there is no tracking for it under the "Shipments" section if it's a delivery made by our employee.

8 REPLIES 8

Hey there @sales223

Currently our option for this type of carrier selection would be "Other". You can then use the tracking blank to signify that carrier type. EX:"Local delivery - 123456". 

I hope this helps! 🙂

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Craig
Occasional Contributor

How do you select "Other" as the carrier? I do not see that option anywhere!

Howdy @Craig

You can select "Other" as the carrier when in the "Marked as shipped" modal. The carrier drop down menu should allow you to scroll to "Other"! 

Here is a quick screenshot so you can see where to find this. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

We use the API to enter orders into ShipStation. How do I indicate "other" as the shipper at that time?

Craig
Occasional Contributor

That is exactly the problem! If the order comes into ShipStation as one our driver will deliver, I need my shipping clerk to know that! Having him mark that it "was shipped" as "other" means there's still a manual step to this process of TELLING him. I don't want to tell him. I want ShipStation to tell him. If it can tell him which parcels go UPS, FedEx, third party, overnight, why in the world can't it tell him to give the box to our driver???

The api requires a carrier code to mark as shipped, but there is no "other" carrier code associated with our account. This would be nice to have since it can be done manually. Additionally, the ability to add our own carriers like "Local Delivery" would be even better. It seems like that's been requested for years. 

sales223
New Contributor

Right, we do use the "Other" for local deliveries, however when used it does not show up in the Shipments tab...I need to search for it. Thoughts?

@sales223,

That is correct! 

Those "marked as shipped" orders would be in the "fulfillments" section of the shipments tab, or alternatively, in the shipped section of the orders tab. 

I hope this helps! 🙂